the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

probably the best opening line to the best series of books in the world

care to elaborate?
yes.

the ending pissed me off though
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
That's exactly what I thought when I opened that book. I've yet to finish the series though, I've not been reading them in any order. I started with Wolves of the Calla, then Song of Susannah and then The Gunslinger =s
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
That's exactly what I thought when I opened that book. I've yet to finish the series though, I've not been reading them in any order. I started with Wolves of the Calla, then Song of Susannah and then The Gunslinger =s

bad decision. the only one you can really read out of order is The Wizard and the Glass (i think that's the name of it)
And if the Devil is 6,

books suck! *erects flameshield!*

ok maybe they dont i just couldnt be bothered reading them anymore.

but thats the type of stuff i liked to read. Sci fi or action containing short snappy scens like that.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
i'm currently on book 6, song of susannah, such a good series, probably my favorite of all time
and you really have to read the all in order, for it to make perfect sense, even wolves of the calla has parts that you only understand if you've read 1-4 before it
I'm near the end of the third book, The Wastelands, about to start Wizard and Glass. So far, I'm loving the series.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Definitely one of my favorite book series. Im about to start on the 4th one as soon as I can get a copy of it. Loved the Gunslinger.

Btw Marvel Comics did a mini series that is sort of a prequel to the gunslinger, and I think they're working on another one. Definitely worth looking into if youre a fan of the series
Am I missing something here?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Am I missing something here?

The Gunslinger, by Stephen King, is the first book of a seven book series The Dark Tower. It follows the adventures of Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger, and his quest to reach the top of the Dark Tower in an unspecified time when the world is in ruins. Throughout his travels, he meets several people whom he befriends and teaches the ways of gunslinging as they help him reach his goal. He encounters many obstacles, the greatest of which is the Man in Black, who is the anti-gunslinger, although it is revealed later that he is working towards the same goal as Roland. The Gunslinger tells Roland's adventure through Tull and how he came to meet and betray Jake and is a worthy beginning to the truely epic series.
And if the Devil is 6,

Last edited by theking182 at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by theking182
yes.

not for me. the more i ponder the ending the more i love it. it is really the only way that it could of ended if you think about it. I was about to make a Dark Tower discussion thread, but I guess i was beaten to it.

any questions regarding the Dark Tower can be pmed to me, I will answer them all to the best of my ability
Quote by theking182
The Gunslinger, by Stephen King, is the first book of a seven book series The Dark Tower. It follows the adventures of Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger, and his quest to reach the top of the Dark Tower in an unspecified time when the world is in ruins. Throughout his travels, he meets several people whom he befriends and teaches the ways of gunslinging as they help him reach his goal. He encounters many obstacles, the greatest of which is the Man in Black, who is the anti-gunslinger, the man who is working to bring down the Dark Tower and subsequently, all of existence. The Gunslinger tells Roland's adventure through Tull and how he came to meet and betray Jake and is a worthy beginning to the truely epic series.

are you retarted? Randall Flagg isn't trying to destroy the Tower, you nimwit. you're thinking of the Crimson King. my God, know what you are talking about, before you talk about it
Quote by NuSiK
are you retarted? Randall Flagg isn't trying to destroy the Tower, you nimwit. you're thinking of the Crimson King. my God, know what you are talking about, before you talk about it

dude, chill, i got a fact wrong. it's only been two years since i've read the books.
And if the Devil is 6,

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times...

Is the best opening I think.
Best opening=Lolita.

"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palette to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."
Quote by theking182
dude, chill, i got a fact wrong. it's only been two years since i've read the books.

lol. i wasnt completely serious. you got it wrong, but why should i care? i just over react on the internet on purpose. sorry for the misunderstanding.
Quote by EkGunz_19
the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

probably the best opening line to the best series of books in the world

care to elaborate?

have you read them all? I have
Quote by NuSiK
lol. i wasnt completely serious. you got it wrong, but why should i care? i just over react on the internet on purpose. sorry for the misunderstanding.

sarcasm+internet=
And if the Devil is 6,

i could never get into the series....whenever i read the books all i could think of was this is such a rip off of "the lord of the rings" and "the good the bad and the ugly"
Last edited by Demons&Wizards at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by NuSiK
have you read them all? I have

Me too. To be honest, I loved the first 3 books, the first especially. However, following the third book, I found them to be rather dissapointment, Wizard and the Glass and The Dark Tower especially. I found the ending, though somewhat fitting, to be quite... anti-climactic, especailly considering I waited so long to read that final chapter.
Quote by theking182
yes.

Stephen King endings ALWAYS suck. I'm not a fan of his at all anyway.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by theking182
sarcasm+internet=

my point exactly
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Me too. To be honest, I loved the first 3 books, the first especially. However, following the third book, I found them to be rather dissapointment, Wizard and the Glass and The Dark Tower especially. I found the ending, though somewhat fitting, to be quite... anti-climactic, especailly considering I waited so long to read that final chapter.

The Waste Lands was my favorite. I liked the last ones, but he could have done much more with them. However, I do admire the ending.
I've read them all a few times, still my all-time favorite series to-date.
All your base are belong to us.