So, I was quite pleased with the way my first pickup swap went for my backup guitar (the Omen 6). I'm looking into upgrading the pickups in my C-1 Plus (mahogany body).

With my C-1, it's mostly just metalcore, metal and shred, with a lot of downtuned (think Drop Db and lower) stuff. I want something with a decent amount of bite, clarity and output. I'd prefer passive, but actives are an option. Crystal-clear cleans aren't important, any usable clean will do. My current set is Duncan Designed (I believe it's a JB and Jazz combo).

Some options I was looking at for the bridge:
- SD Full Shred
- DiMarzio Super Distortion
- DiMarzio Tone Zone
- DiMarzio X2N

Neck:
- DiMarzio Air Norton
- SD '59 (I have this in my Omen 6 though so I want some variety, haha)

Also, I want to swap out my tone pot, because I barely use the push/pull function. What kind of tonal differences would I get by going with a 250k or 1 meg pot (I have a 500k now)?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Have you tried adjusting the current pickups. You can completely change the tone of a pickup according to how you adjust it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Yes, I've tried adjusting them. I have them set at the heights DiMarzio put up on their website (I adjusted them when I did the swap on the Omen 6) - I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. Didn't give me the tonal change I was looking for, and since it was raising the pups, I lost a bit of sustain in the process. About the only time I got the tone I was looking for was when I played through my neighbor's 5150 and cranked the gain, but with that kind of amp, anything is gonna have crunch and sustain for days.
Axe-FX Standard
in the bridge i would get the super distortion and as for the neck i would drop in a DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151. These two make for a great sounding setup and im sure youll love it.
JB and Jazz are not a bad combination. I have the real ones in a mahogany body guitar and love it. If you need more output just adjust them (bring them closer to the strings). As for the active ones I would try Seymour Duncan Livewires!! They are awesome.
As for the pots. The 250K will make your sound brighter and the 1000k less bright. I would stay at 500k..
^
you've got that back to front - higher value pots=more treble response, that's why strats have 250k and Gibsons have 500k

Look at Dimarzio Breeds

I haven't recommended them in a while
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
^
you've got that back to front - higher value pots=more treble response, that's why strats have 250k and Gibsons have 500k

Look at Dimarzio Breeds

I haven't recommended them in a while

Already stuck a Breed in my Omen 6, but so far, I've loved their tone (at least, in basswood, that is). They rounded off a little bit of the treble and gave me lots of mids compared to my stock pups, so I'm just concerned that they'll be a little TOO warm in mahogany.
Axe-FX Standard
bridge = duncan custom
neck = duncan alnico II pro
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100