I've got an HP with Vista, and don't get me wrong, vista has it ups, but hardly any programs that i had on my old pc work on this like Reason, Guitar Pro, Photoshop, PaintShop Pro etc... My guitar teacher has an HP with Vista as well and he somehow got two local disk drives in it, one with vista and one with xp. Do any computer guru's in here have any idea of how to go about completeing such a task, or can give me a link on how to do so. Any help appreciated.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
and btw, i'm asking you and not my guitar teacher, because i won't be seeing him for maybe two months, + i'm very impatient.
I don't charge much...

Photoshop, Guitar Pro and Powertab work on my machine and Im running vista!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Anything that will run on XP will run on Vista. Vista has something called "virtual machine" and it allows anything for anything able to run on XP to run on Vista.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I haven't tried reason but all the other programs you mentioned work for me on Vista.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
download Microsoft's virtual machine (it's available from their website) and this allows you to install windows XP within Vista (without overwriting anything). If not, paragon Partition manager is your friend-condense the Vista partition, and create a brand new partition for XP. Works a charm.
My Gear:
Ibanez SA
Shine Tele (with Leather scratchplate )
HondoII Bass ????! (Broken )
Cello (Ebay jobby )
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Peavy Backstage 30
Zoom G2.1U
Tascam GT-2

Mr Blue Sky
I have all the programs you listed on my LAPTOP with Vista, and they all run perfectly, same as on my XP rig (if you can call it a rig, 300mb of RAM and 500mgz processor )
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
none of you won't believe this but they're working now, +1 to everyone who tried to help though =) VISTA NOW RULEZZ!!!!
I don't charge much...

I have vista and run all of that software. What versions are you using? you may need to download more recent versions... Also if you're using Vista get SP1, my computer is running alot faster with it
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by PlayMadness
I have all the programs you listed on my LAPTOP with Vista, and they all run perfectly, same as on my XP rig (if you can call it a rig, 300mb of RAM and 500mgz processor )

My first computer had just enough RAM to run XP (128MB).
Your just going to waste a lot of time with the above tips. Download the program you want, right click on it, go to properties, inside properties click on the compatibility tab. When there click the box that says something like 'Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for...' and then select XP from the drop down box. Quite simple, lemme know if you have any problems, but should only take ya about 30 seconds tops.