Looking to subscribe to a guitar mag. Bought a copy of Total Guitar. Seems well put together with good articles, but a bit too Metal for me. Any suggestions for a good mag with advice to help a learning player?
Guitarist
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by weebsy
Looking to subscribe to a guitar mag. Bought a copy of Total Guitar. Seems well put together with good articles, but a bit too Metal for me. Any suggestions for a good mag with advice to help a learning player?

What metal?

Awful magazine. The only half decent ones are Guitar Techniques and Acoustic.
im subscribed to total guitar

it caters for me more, i read guitarist once, seems to be more geared towards the more mature guitarist
bought a copy of guitar world the other day. bored me to tears lol.
for me, total guitar is the only magazine that makes guitar playing interesting.
Total Guitar used to be alright, until there was an article on Trivium, every, fucking, month...

I don't need a magazine to teach me guitar anyway.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I used to get Guitar Techniques on import, very good magazine. Total Guitar sucks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'd say Total Guitar, there's some good writing, a nice does of metal in the pages and some solid tutorials.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Total guitar is the Bronze Warlock through a Spider III of the guitar world and Guitarist is the Les Paul through a Marshall Plexi of the guitar world.

Guitarist is great.
Total guitar can be a fun read, but it's kind of useless. It's good if you like metal and indie pop. They transcribe a lot of that. Their reviews suck, and they only interview Trivium, as already stated.

Guitarist is a lot more serious and focussed on gear. They have a LOT of reviews. They have some lessons sections, where they teach you one actual song, and the rest is excercises from some teachers.

Guitar Techniques is entirely focussed on learning songs and theory. It's great if you want to learn to play.
I like Guitar Buyer and Guitarist, Total Guitar can suck my ass
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
total guitar blows, what some guy said about there being a trivium article every ****ing month is dead on . . .
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Total guitar is terrible. Guitarist and Guitar Buyer are OK.

To be honest though, I'd rather save my money. None of them are really worth paying for.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Total Guitar used to be alright, until there was an article on Trivium, every, fucking, month...

I don't need a magazine to teach me guitar anyway.

I agree, what happened to your good old classic rock like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin etc, I Mean every week they tab bands like Trivium, Pantera and loads more bands I hate, I haven't yet seen a tab for a song I remember except for last months issue which had Pink Floyd and The Clash, only I went to buy it and it was a different one, only it tabbed Alice In Chains,
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Total Guitar has a younger person's image, and Guitarist has a more informative and classy approach. Well to me does.

Guitar Techniques have around 10 or more different styles of music to learn from, as well as the Demo CD thing. The cheapest too me thinks.
Quote by ctb
Total Guitar has a younger person's image, and Guitarist has a more informative and classy approach. Well to me does.

Guitar Techniques have around 10 or more different styles of music to learn from, as well as the Demo CD thing. The cheapest too me thinks.

Not to mention the thinnest.

There are fewer ads in it, though.
Either Guitarist or Guitar Techniques

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by sashki
Not to mention the thinnest.

There are fewer ads in it, though.

true, but it also has the most actual guitar information compared to a bunch of articles about bands and stuff that are in magazines like Total Guitar and Guitar World (essentially the US version of Total Guitar for those who haven't read it)

Last.fm
I love total guitar, very good tutorials, videos on CD. Interviews, gear reviews. I love it!

Guitarist, i brought one. Its more mature, lots of BIG reviews. Not so much on guitar playing. I dident like it.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
true, but it also has the most actual guitar information compared to a bunch of articles about bands and stuff that are in magazines like Total Guitar and Guitar World (essentially the US version of Total Guitar for those who haven't read it)

I actually like Guitar World the most out of all of them

-They transcribe a lot of songs
-They interview popular artists (although recently it's nothing by Dimebag and Van Halen)
-They review gear which people are actually interested in (unlike Guitar Player, which only writes about stuff no-one can afford)
-They have popular artists writing columns, which are pretty useful
-Now comes with a CD
-Large selection of general guitar-related facts which are useless but interesting to know.
Quote by sashki
I actually like Guitar World the most out of all of them

-They transcribe a lot of songs
-They interview popular artists (although recently it's nothing by Dimebag and Van Halen)
-They review gear which people are actually interested in (unlike Guitar Player, which only writes about stuff no-one can afford)
-They have popular artists writing columns, which are pretty useful
-Now comes with a CD
-Large selection of general guitar-related facts which are useless but interesting to know.

Yeah I like GW actually (except for their Kerry King/Zakk Wylde fetish) but still It's similar in format to TG which is why I make the comparison.

Last.fm