Hello,

I am new to different tunnings for the longest I have only used starnard and drop D. Now to tune to DADADD I would tune down right?

E= Tune down to D
A= N/A A
D= N/A D
G= Tune down to A
B= Tune down to D
E= Tune down to D

Right? So I guess thats my question is this how I do it?
I believe you actually tune your G and B up.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any broken strings
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Ok so I tune the strings

E= Tune down to D
A= N/A A
D= N/A D
G= Tune UP to A
B= Tune down to D
E= Tune down to D
Ok so I tune the strings

E= Tune down to D
A= N/A A
D= N/A D
G= Tune UP to A
B= Tune UP to D
E= Tune down to D

Right?
ive done it like 3 times before with no string breaks. it should be fine. dont tune it too fast though
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Be careful with your B string, raising it to D is dangerous. If your not carefull and you pass by a little you can blow that string.
Also if you want some songs on that tuning, Mark tremonti is your friend.
Maybe bring the G up and the B down.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by sheppard30
Be careful with your B string, raising it to D is dangerous. If your not carefull and you pass by a little you can blow that string.

yea i dont wanna have to buy a new set of strings just to replace that one string...oh well im gonna try.
Why dont you search? Theres an only tuning thread at the top of this forum, and I personally know its in there, I wrote it out, and I've also wrote 2 tuning lessons with this tuning as an example, and i belive the lesson is still on the lessons homepage.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/the_basics/basic_to_advanced_tuning.html

D <= Tune 1 step down
A <= Leave alone
D <= Leave alone
A <= Tune 1 step up
D <= Tune 1.5 steps up
D <= Tune 1 step down (should be the same as the B string).

Mark tremonti Uses this tuning.

That being said, this tuning is wrote out 3 times on various pages on UG. Use the search function.
Closed
Been away, am back