what's everyone around here think about album leaks? ive been watching it happen more and more lately, most recently with Ill Nino's Enigma release. in their case, it seems to have been a positive and they even put some of the songs up on their profile at http://illnino.imeem.com to curb the "pirating"...but ive also seen it wreck an album release. its a hard thing for a company like fontana to control since so many hands touch an album before it even gets onto shelves....

if you had the leaked copy of enigma, would you still go out and buy it?
I always try to buy the leaked albums I listen to and enjoy.

And this is more of a general topic, would be better in the Pit.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
The albums are only leaked relatively soon to the album's release - the new Testament CD has been leaked, it's due out in a month's time - so I usually restrain myself until the official release.

I usually buy the album I have downloaded songs from anyway, since there's often a sound quality difference, I like artwork, the physical property of a CD and the songs' lyrics.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
buy it if you like it. its hard enough as it is to make money making metal music, so support your artists. especially if you can't find the album online anywhere.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

COB's Blooddrunk leaked like, months early. It's fockin awesome
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
If albums leak, I wait and buy them.

If the album has been out a few years, however, tis a different story.
Quote by freddaahh
The albums are only leaked relatively soon to the album's release - the new Testament CD has been leaked, it's due out in a month's time - so I usually restrain myself until the official release.

I usually buy the album I have downloaded songs from anyway, since there's often a sound quality difference, I like artwork, the physical property of a CD and the songs' lyrics.

AFAIK, only 8 songs from the new Testament have leaked.

I download both leaks and already released stuff, but I definitely enjoy having the CD more.
I don't download leaks. Tis where I draw the line.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I do wonder if some bands do it on purpose... create some buzz. Worked well for CoB and Machine Head.
Quote by Magero
I download everything first. If I like it, I'll go out, pay money.
If I dont, I just saved money.

Yeah I do the same thing, though I don't really download much anymore. I haven't downloaded Bloodrunk yet, I'll just wait for it to be released.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Magero
I download everything first. If I like it, I'll go out, pay money.
If I dont, I just saved money.

Exactly what I do. But i do delete stuff that i a) dont like and b) have the CD for.
Quote by Anooplol
Exactly what I do. But i do delete stuff that i a) dont like and b) have the CD for.

You delete it if you have the CD? Isn't that kind of pointless, since you could just rip the CD to your computer anyway?
I do it sometimes. I downloaded most of 'Gods of the Earth' by the Sword and some of Blooddrunk. It's cool because maybe one of your friends heard the album is coming out but they aren't sure if they want to buy it, and you tell them you have it on your MP3 player or a CD. They listen to it and make their decision, usually buying it.
Quote by Scourge441
You delete it if you have the CD? Isn't that kind of pointless, since you could just rip the CD to your computer anyway?

When I download stuff and put it on my MP3 player it jumbles up the order, but when it's from a CD it's in order. Maybe he has the same problem?
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.