I've recently borrowed a bass guitar from a friend and I've been messing around with it and whatever... I have been playing regular guitar for a few years now and I was wondering if I could just hook this bass up with my regular guitar amp without damaging either the amp or the bass guitar?... I haven't tried anything yet because I'm afraid i'll completely **** up something...
Quote by towk667
I've recently borrowed a bass guitar from a friend and I've been messing around with it and whatever... I have been playing regular guitar for a few years now and I was wondering if I could just hook this bass up with my regular guitar amp without damaging either the amp or the bass guitar?... I haven't tried anything yet because I'm afraid i'll completely **** up something...

DO NOT CONNECT a bass into a regular guitar amp.

You'll blow the amp into SMITHERINS!!! Not really, but don't play a bass thorugh a guitar amp. youll most likely brake the amp
as long as it doesn't distort the sound the amp will be just fine...but it will sound crappy.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
You don't say what amp it is, prolonged use will cause damage to the speakers due to excessive cone movement caused by bass frequencies, if the amp is low wattage then you could run into overheating of the amps output stage.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn