Are these notes in The same key?
A#, B, C and D?

I've written an intro using these but now I want to add a riff over the top but i'm not sure what key they're in.. if they're even in a key that is.

Cheers.
Last edited by Ziggums at Mar 27, 2008,
Well, you've got 3 half steps in a row, so i believe theres going to be an accidental (out of key) note there somewhere.

If in Fmajor / Dminor, then the C would be an accidental. I dont really have enough knowledge to explain it, but im sure someone here will.

edit: Argh! Say powerchords not 'notes' then!

You've got 4 half steps in a row now i believe then. There are going to be a couple scales out there (a quick search found the 'nine tone scale' and 'japanese taishikicho' scales).
Last edited by StonaLemons at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by StonaLemons
Well, you've got 3 half steps in a row, so i believe theres going to be an accidental (out of key) note there somewhere.

If in Fmajor / Dminor, then the C would be an accidental.

No, the B natural is the accidental.

TS: That would be probably Bb, B, C, D, because it's easier to use than saying you have A# in a key where C and D are still natural. It could be D minor of F major, but we'd really have to hear it or see the riff to determine that.
Quote by :-D
No, the B natural is the accidental.

Ah yes you're right, my mistake -.-
Just so you know TS, the notes you are actually playing around with are A#-E#|A-F#|C-G|D-A| if you're playing A#5-A5-C5-D5 power chords.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
Just so you know TS, the notes you are actually playing around with are A#-E#|A-F#|C-G|D-A| if you're playing A#5-A5-C5-D5 power chords.

Ah sorry, I guess I should have mentioned from the start. Anyway, if you still wanna see what I actually have. It's in Drop D btw.
Quote by Ziggums
Ah sorry, I guess I should have mentioned from the start. Anyway, if you still wanna see what I actually have. It's in Drop D btw.

Shouldn't that be two bars?
The 3 chords are not solely part of any particular key, but I would consider it an F major/D minor progression with the B power chord as an accidental. Thats just how I look at it but someone else could probably give you a more technical answer than me.
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t