is a 2x12 worth the money over a 1x12. how do they really compare?

if i got a tiny terror, what would be the cheapest cab that wouldnt really sacrifice all too much quality. i am not in a band or anything. and the TT is rather out of my price range, but id rather spend more instead of having to sell and buy new amps later, so the cab has to be relatively cheap.

i play mostly hard rock/metal (metallica, black sabbath, GnR) with a dash of death metal (slipknot, dethklok). i use a epi lp standard with SD sh-6 thru a big muff, metal muff, and soon to get, OCD.

thanks!
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
that was my other question, speakers. how do they compare?

can u list prices after recommendations? thanks
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
bump...still need help. what about speakers? how would a 2x12 with a v12 and a greenback sound?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
how would a 2x12 with a v12 and a greenback sound?

...like a 212 with those speakers. There's not really a whole lot of adjectives to apply to this type of situation that would set it apart from describing any other cab. It's all terribly subjective. As a general rule of thumb, 212's almost always sound thicker and fuller than 112's.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
so basically it would be much better to save more and get a 212.

if the speaker situation is subjective, can anyone describe what a few kinds kind of speakers are meant to do? i caught a little bit on an ebay auction, but im still in the dark.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Take a look at the Eminence website, they have sound clips for every one of their 12" guitar speakers on there. Also there are a couple of good write-ups online covering the function of speakers as it pertains to things like frequency response, component selection, etc.
EMINENCE EMINENCE EMINENCE!!!!! Best price and the sound is FAR superior to any overpriced Celestion.
Quote by xyoufailmex
EMINENCE EMINENCE EMINENCE!!!!! Best price and the sound is FAR superior to any overpriced Celestion.

I too prefer Eminence (Legend V12's to be exact), but no one's personal opinion on a wholly subjective topic carries any degree of rightness or wrongness. Some people prefer Celestions and screaming EMINENCE really isn't going to change their minds.
definately a 2x12 over a 1x12 - though not necessarily a 4x12 over a 2x12 depending on the brand - im staying where i am - though i may get a THD 4x12 in time
yea i def dont need a 4x12 cause like i said, im just a bedroom hobbyist, and this will come with me to my dorm.

thanks for all the help guys.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30