Well, I got a nice new Dean VX recently. I was playing it, and after I got over the novelty of the V shape, I realised that the action was set a little too high.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-VX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519861
^^^ That's it. I don't know how to change the action with a bridge like that. Can anyone help a fellow guitarist out?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

tune-a-matic bridge... just turn the thumbscrews on either side of the bridge until it's low enough. you may have to reset the intonation as well. be careful not to set it too low or you're have buzzing.
Quote by purerock
tune-a-matic bridge... just turn the thumbscrews on either side of the bridge until it's low enough. you may have to reset the intonation as well. be careful not to set it too low or you're have buzzing.

Cool, thanks man. And to set the intonation, I would turn the screws on the bridge?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

well, that's a little trickier, but the short answer:

you will ajust the screws on the saddle pieces. intonation is typically checked at the 12th fret harmonic, make sure that is in tune with your open string. I typically check it at other places high up the neck as well.

if the 12th is sharp, ajust the saddle so that it moves further away from the neck. if it is flat, then closer to the neck.

do that for all strings.
Alright, thanks man; That was really helpful.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty