Yesterday, I was at the local music-store and played a few guitars, a Gibson Les Paul Studio, that I didn't like at all, I was thinking of buying one and heard here on UG that it's not a good guitar. I guess i didn't actually believe that before I tried it. A terrible guitar it was. I not gonna touch such a piece of crap again.

...and a Ltd EC-1000, that I really liked, it felt great. I sat there and played it and a guy in the shop asked me if I wanted to try the Esp Eclipse, of course I said yes and... I fell in love. The sound was amazing, it played like a dream and I have not a single complaint on it.

I have the money to buy it, but it's a lot of money. I'm definitly going to buy one of the EC-1000 or the Eclipse, but I'm just wondering what you think, is the real Eclipse worth the extra money?

*edit: I pushed "enter" before I was finished by mistake, however it was the Eclipse 1 CTM or something in vintage black with gold hardware, does someone have that guitar and how is the finish and that on it, will it fade away soon?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Mar 27, 2008,
I mean, the ECLIPSE is better then the EC-1000,but ultimately its up to you if you wanna dish out the extra couple hundred bucks. If you have the money then get the Eclipse.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
The EC i have plays really well. It does have a bit of cosmetic issues (tiny holes inlays , weird raised bubbles) though , might have just been my luck. But you can barely tell , i guess im a perfectionist but i still love my guitar. Ive never tried a Eclipse but i could only assume they play even better and have much better care in quality control.
we must become the change we want to see.
Quote by Monte720
I mean, the ECLIPSE is better then the EC-1000,but ultimately its up to you if you wanna dish out the extra couple hundred bucks. If you have the money then get the Eclipse.

Yeah, I probably will. I think it's better to get an expensive guitar that should last right now.

The ESP Eclipses come with 22 frets, the LTD comes with 24.

I'd get the LTD to be honest.
They both are genuinely almost the same...except the LTD has more frets to mash on

well there's an issue you might face with LTD vs ESP...

To my knowledge of everyone i've ever known with an LTD guitar, one of their knobs falls off and eventually, they need to be taken in to be repaired.
Now this is just in my own experience and people I know.

Try and get a straight from the box LTD.
Real nice guitar...I am trying to get rid of my viper to get one. The viper is nice but really uncomfortable for me to play standing.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

They both are genuinely almost the same...except the LTD has more frets to mash on

To my knowledge of everyone i've ever known with an LTD guitar, one of their knobs falls off and eventually, they need to be taken in to be repaired.

I don't think I would use 24 frets anyway, and I want the guitar with best quality for the price so I'm gonna buy the Esp Eclipse. Thanks for the advice anyway.

i got a truckster (its an eclipse, to james hetfield's specs) and it plays sweet man. but buy whatever u feel would be better in the long run. im totally into the matte lack esp eclipse, thats frikkins weet axe.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

Good advice...my knob on my LTD hasn't fallen off yet though. Maybe your friends just have bad luck, considering all guitar sub-brands have at least a little bit of an inconsistent manufacturing and quality control. The only thing slightly wrong with it is one time my toggle switch didn't switch pickups once...for some reason it doesn' t do that anymore though.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I suppose it depends on the model your friends have bought as well?

I wouldn't buy anything lees than a 400 series, and the 1000 series is better still.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by M Power
Real nice guitar...I am trying to get rid of my viper to get one. The viper is nice but really uncomfortable for me to play standing.

what number is it?