I love acoustic sounding things. You know, like Jack Johnson, some of the Tragically Hip songs, Colbie Caillat, stuff like that. But, it seems I don't really know of very many good acoustic artists. Anyone know of any good ones I could get into?
Dashboard Confessional's cd "The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most" really has a couple of great songs that are fun and easy to play on the guitar. Well I shouldn't say they're too easy a few chord changes here and there and some great intros. Check it out if you already haven't.
Andy McKee is impressive and it does seem an ever growing style - which is great because I love it.

First introduction I had to that kind of thing was from reading Eric Roche's (RIP) pieces in 'Guitar Techniques', and he was amazing on the acoustic. Then up cropped Thomas Leeb, Justin King and Kaki King (not related), but most recently an Asian kid that can't be any older than 10 has left me in absolute awe. Search for Sungha Jung on youtube, mostly plays covers but damn can he play! His covers will lead you to some other amazing players as well.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ it seems like they are asking more for like, singer/songwriter music, not "Heavy Wood" (Don Ross' term for McKees and his own style)

Quote by kt_0480
I love acoustic sounding things. You know, like Jack Johnson, some of the Tragically Hip songs, Colbie Caillat, stuff like that. But, it seems I don't really know of very many good acoustic artists. Anyone know of any good ones I could get into?

I love you for that, the Hip own my soul

hmm,

we seem to have similar tastes so I'd recommend Ben Harper
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
DAVE MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol if you perfer just acoustic guitars and not his whole band then i HIGHLY suggest listening to some Dave Matthews and Timmy Reynolds live stuff its amazing...Dave rights some of the greatest songs ever and Tim shreds the acoustic guitar like i didnt even think was possible i reccomend checking out some of their Live at Radio city stuff i think you can see it on youtube
yeah im abit like u kt i like acutic sounding things but i dont know any songs that are like dat lol
Quote by kt_0480

<3333 colbie callaitt <333333
syd barrets stuff after pink floyd is mostly acoustic, get the compilation wouldn't you miss me if ur into that, time of your life by green day is good and oasis's albumk dont believe the trith has a lot of acoustics.
Best stuff imo is rodruigo y gabriela...check them out...their music is AMAZING!!!!