Poll: Schecter C-1 Classic vs. Fender American Strat HSS
Poll Options
View poll results: Schecter C-1 Classic vs. Fender American Strat HSS
Schecter C-1 Classic
18 42%
Fender American Strat HSS
25 58%
Voters: 43.
After my intensive research via Internet and trying the few guitars I could try, seems that these are my two options now. I want a grunge/alternative sound, but I want versatility too (I play almost everything but metal). First, I thought of the Tele '72 or the Jaguar, but after trying them, they are discarded. I fell in love with the playing of the Strat, but I couldn't find the Schecter because they are hard to find where I live.

My intention is to buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, a guitar and the Pro Co Rat (I've been saving money for a long time). You can see my present gear in my signature.

So, what do you guys recommend me? I saw really good reviews of the Classic, and it's a beautiful guitar. Its pickups are amazing thought. If I had to choose a Strat, I'd pick the American HSS, because as I said before I want versatility.

Thanks in advance
Guitars:

Epiphone G310 (2nd hand)
Ibanez AW40ECE (electroacoustic)

Effects:

Boss ME50
ProCo RAT2

Amps:

Stagg 20w
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall MR212V (Vintage 30's)

Incoming: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS
I vote strat since you play everything except metal. IMO the Classic is great overall but at its best with distortion. A strat is amazing clean and give a cool sound for softer rock and punk etc but with the humbucker in the bridge it can probably do even more?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
yeah for your situation with everything but metal you're prbly better off going with the strat.
With the humbucker you'll be able to do a lot with it so the strat is prbly your better choice
Question is, you play everything but metal, but do you majorly play low gain / clean stuff, or do you play crunch / high gain stuff?

If you majorly play the clean and low gain classic stuff, get the stratocaster. If you play high-gain, crunch, and such, the C1 Classic is the way to go.
Quote by sektor47
Question is, you play everything but metal, but do you majorly play low gain / clean stuff, or do you play crunch / high gain stuff?

If you majorly play the clean and low gain classic stuff, get the stratocaster. If you play high-gain, crunch, and such, the C1 Classic is the way to go.

What sektor said. Me, I'd go for the Schecter, but I'm not much of a strat person-I like the way neck HB's sound.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well, I'll give a list of some groups I'd play/sound like: Nirvana, QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Red Hot, Muse, Weezer, Neil Young, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Incubus, John Mayer, Led Zeppelin, Millencolin, Arcade Fire, Pearl Jam.
I tried to put them more or less in decreasing order of affinity, because as they are varied, it could help you.
Guitars:

Epiphone G310 (2nd hand)

Effects:

Boss ME50
ProCo RAT2

Amps:

Stagg 20w
Orange Tiny Terror

hard, hard... I'd go for the strat for that, but it will be hard to get a really thick HB sound out of a strat, since they're not made of mahogany, except for that one Mahogany strat (which, lucky for you, is about $1000 I think).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
its not the pup type that counts it's how you use it!
but strats are amazing.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
its not the pup type that counts it's how you use it!
but strats are amazing.

Both things count don't you think?
Guitars:

Epiphone G310 (2nd hand)

Effects:

Boss ME50
ProCo RAT2

Amps:

Stagg 20w
Orange Tiny Terror

Even though and own and absolutely LOVE my C-1 classic, I think the strat would be a better option for you. Even with the coil-tapping of the Schecter, you're not going to get the same clean sound as the strat. And the HB in the bridge of the strat will be good for the grunge and rock that you want to play.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
umm, i have a c-1 classic and it's gorgeous, i play pretty much the same music and it's fine, great even. I would not trade my c-1 for any guitar (under $1000) in the world.
Does the s-1 system ''emulate'' a HB by making 2 p'ups sound like it or anything special?
Guitars:

Epiphone G310 (2nd hand)

Effects:

Boss ME50
ProCo RAT2

Amps:

Stagg 20w
Orange Tiny Terror

I thought the S-1 system was just more varieties of tone switching? Doesn't it enable you to get 7 tone combos instead of 5?

I think the Strat would be good, 'specially that American. I own one, love it. So will you.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I thought the S-1 system was just more varieties of tone switching? Doesn't it enable you to get 7 tone combos instead of 5?

I think the Strat would be good, 'specially that American. I own one, love it. So will you.

Does anybody know if that ''varieties of tone switching'' include an emulation of a HB?
And if so, is it good?
Guitars:

Epiphone G310 (2nd hand)

Effects:

Boss ME50
ProCo RAT2

Amps:

Stagg 20w
Orange Tiny Terror

I love my Schecter and would reccomend one to anybody. But in your situation the strat is a better option fo sho.