what do you guys think?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-PT-Standard-Electric-Guitar-513042-i1147944.gc
or
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-516035-i1148830.gc

i play rock/metal. that is why im considering the Schecter...i have a Schecter Omen 6 right now...and i love it...so that is another reason i am checking the Schecter out...

ive played the Tele..and it was nice! just dont know which is better for my style..and i like the sunburst of the Tele..cause black is all you can get in the Schecter...but, im willing to give looks for quality!

thanks!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
If you've already got an Omen 6, I think you're better off with the Fender. It's got single- coils, so it's a different animal from what you already have. I think if you got the PT it'd be a lot like the Omen.
id say schecter but if u got money id go for a ibanez s series they own everything i love mine i got 2 of them the zr bridge is the best wammy bar
see, i would be trading my Omen in...for money on the PT. or money on whatever i get...

would the tele handle heavy disortion for metal well?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you've already got an Omen 6, I think you're better off with the Fender. It's got single- coils, so it's a different animal from what you already have. I think if you got the PT it'd be a lot like the Omen.

and greglecompte2 - i want the Tele style of guitar...i love it alot!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
I'd get the Fender, I don't think the other one is a big step up from your omen, and they're basically the same (except the PT looks dumb).
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i think that is what im gonna do...just cause i love the fade finish and all...and it plays well!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman
see, i would be trading my Omen in...for money on the PT. or money on whatever i get...

would the tele handle heavy disortion for metal well?

and greglecompte2 - i want the Tele style of guitar...i love it alot!

Alex

if you want a lot of distortion with a tele, your gonna get a lot of feedback because of the single coils. But you can always just get a noise gate or something.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
when i first started off i was all metal all the way. it was just that i didn't know nothing about guitars and ended up with a standard tele. i made do with what i had and got an incredibly edgy and far tone, if not as super saturated and tight as with humbuckers, still loved that raw tone. As the years rolled on i have owned quite a bit of equipment, and my metal axe ended up being a gibson explorer that i loaded some emg 81's. but as of 2 years ago i ended up playing that red standard telecaster and prefered the tones much more.

bottom line, if it is your thing to have a bit of variety in your repetoire than i would recommend that telecaster, cuz chances are you'll like it in the long run, and it gives you a completely different tone. I have also owned a shecter and was anything but disapointed in it(i feel you may actually get more for the dollar with it), but it would be more of a backup guitar than an extention in what tools you have available.

another thing to think about is if this is what you should be spending money on, your next logical upgrade for guitar should be in the $600 to $700 price range, ya know, move up like george and wheezie? you really might be better served by saving up for a fairly cheap head or cabinet if your amp sucks right now(like the palomino's, or an orange Tiny Terror setup, you could probably even afford a valve jr right now). But since you into metal, you might want a really good distortion pedal (god those sansamp GT-2's are sick for what you want to do and they'll serve you very well down the road, buying a boss ds-1 and getting an analog man mod might be a little more cost effective though)

anyway, hope this gave you something to think about
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae