i was thinking about buying the metal muff distortion but i was just wondering if u guys thought it was any good comment thanks
I don't think it's good. For some reason, most other people think it is, apparently.
The metal muff is incredible. Like any other EHX pedals.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Hey guitarmiester where you the guy telling me a thread a while back that u didn't like the metal muff at all? Cause now its funny that I pretty much hate it with a better ear for tone/metal now lol.

edit: Oh and btw, guess what, mine doesn't even freakin work anymore. Waste of damn 90 bucks.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Over-hyped and unreliable.

Yes, and somewhat

It is good, but it is as good as a mid-priced distoretion pedal can get. A bit trebly and not enough crunch in the palm muting.
Quote by yoyodunno
Hey guitarmiester where you the guy telling me a thread a while back that u didn't like the metal muff at all? Cause now its funny that I pretty much hate it with a better ear for tone/metal now lol.

edit: Oh and btw, guess what, mine doesn't even freakin work anymore. Waste of damn 90 bucks.

That was most likely me. Just trying to help people out before they buy into the hype.
You guys should stop putting the Metal Muff down if you're not going to recommend something better, that's kind of pretentious.

I have the Metal Muff and I think it's a godsend. It's the best sounding distortion box for metal that I've ever heard.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
best distortion pedal.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by dudetheman
You guys should stop putting the Metal Muff down if you're not going to recommend something better, that's kind of pretentious.

I have the Metal Muff and I think it's a godsend. It's the best sounding distortion box for metal that I've ever heard.

The OP didn't ask for suggestions, he asked whether people think the Metal Muff is any good. I've owned one, and I sold it because I didn't think it sounded very good. The guy who bought it put it up for sale a week later.
i like mine better on my new amp. but yeah the top boost is shrill and it takes a lot of effort to make it sound natural.

i havent had any quality issues with mine and i wish i bought the J&H when i had the chance, but for the money, the MM is ok, i just dont know why it's praised by some as the be all end all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The EQ takes some time to set, as well as the top boost, but it's very versatile. make sure you get the power supply though. and don't turn the volume knob on the pedal very high. i have mine around 3. it makes it sound muddy. just use your amps volume. EQ knobs are very sensitive.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
i tried one at GC, and i was like "holy crap a metal muff, these things rock!!!" then i turned it on, it's like someone dropped their guitar and took a huge crap on it...., so i turned down the gain, to zero...sounded like someone dropped their guitar, then smacked it with a sledgehammer, and not in a "Br00tallzz" way...in a, "holy crap this pedal is a piece of ****" way...might've just been that that pedal was busted, but untill i hear a better one, i'm never buying one
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby