obviously they'll rip a garbage bag, what do you guys use? a brown bag?
I coil them, then put it inside a plastic bag, then inside the trash bad.
i just throw them into a garbage bag i guess
Looking for a new sig!
i shove them all in the same drawer. then give them to people if they ask, or use them temporarily if one of mine breaks, sure they're all scudgy, but it's better than nothing till i can get new ones.
Last edited by glowskulls at Mar 27, 2008,
just sort of knot them up abit and force them into a plastic bag, then throw them out in the normal garbage.
I stuff em into the same packaging that the new ones come with.

Two birds with one stone so to speak.
I scrunch em up then throw em in the garbage. The sooner I get to try my new strings the better. :P

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I put it in the trash can.

I don't see the difficulty...
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Free
I stuff em into the same packaging that the new ones come with.

Two birds with one stone so to speak.

thats exactly what i do
I coil them then throw them in the trash....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by MopMaster
I keep them, got a big pile in a drawer. =P

I think i will do this now.
my friend puts em in the fireplace i keep a plastic bag in my room and put all the strings i break over the month in there then at the end of the month throw em out
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by joyal09
while were on the topic, how ofter should you change strings? ive had my acoustic strings on for about 7 months

That's really long. generally when you can feel "scudge", as someone put it above, on your strings (and I felt it on strings I changed last night, it's there), or when you notice that your strings sound dull when you play it unplugged, that's generally when.

I used to just play 'em 'til they broke, then change 'em, but now I think I'm going to change about every month or so.

It varies on how much you practice.If you play constantly, then, yeah, like every month or two. But if it's just a hobby or something you can get off with not changing for a while. Though your strings will get rigid and old (breakable, basically).
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I coil them up and put them in the trash
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I coil them then throw them in the trash....

i do the same thing with mine
just remember to coil them straight away, otherwise you could throw them on the floor then step on them and that hurts
thisismysignatureitisveryveryveryboringandasyoucanseeicouldn'tthinkofabettersigwhenididthissig
Quote by glowskulls
i shove them all in the same drawer. then give them to people if they ask, or use them temporarily if one of mine breaks, sure they're all scudgy, but it's better than nothing till i can get new ones.

I do the same thing. When I break one or somethin, free replacement. Especially if I need a wound string, because those don't get as nasty. I do clean them though.
I'm starting on a woven metal basket to hold my picks, capo and other small misc guitar/bass stuff laying on the shelves. However I thought of this as I was changing the strings on my bass, and had thrown out the acoustics strings the week before. So I don't have enought to finish the basket, but It'll be cool when it's done. Recycle... then when I get more baskets than I need I'll sell 'em on ebay.
Quote by Holy.
I put it in the trash can.

I don't see the difficulty...

Me neither.
I don't need a sig....
i take all of them at once, curl/tie them so they make an "O" shape, and then throw um away

if i dont my cats get at them or they unspring themselves right out of the can
Quote by justpucky
I'm starting on a woven metal basket to hold my picks, capo and other small misc guitar/bass stuff laying on the shelves. However I thought of this as I was changing the strings on my bass, and had thrown out the acoustics strings the week before. So I don't have enought to finish the basket, but It'll be cool when it's done. Recycle... then when I get more baskets than I need I'll sell 'em on ebay.

Genious! I'm gonna do that as well. I have collected all my old strings in a box.
------------------
I usually just fold them up and throw them away. But today I had them coiled up into a shape of an "O", and just put them back in the package and threw them away.