Hi everyone,

Just got my new guitar with active EMG humbuckers (81 and 85). I was used to the passive EMG HZ humbuckers and I must say the active ones do really have a better and more powerfull sound, I really like them.

The only thing is they sometimes seem to powerful. When I play a riff with these babies the sound sometimes gets a little to dark and crushing, resulting in a pretty muddy sound. It's harder to hear the individual notes and such. I also hear the sound of my pick against the strings trough the amp. Is there anything I can do to keep the overall sound of the EMGs, but have everything stand out just a little more clearly and make it sound less like a wall of sound? I've tried rolling back the gain, rolling back the bass, adding some more mid, but I'm still not saticefied. Perhaps my technique has to do with it? Maybe I should expand my palm muting technique or something? Any tips how to solve this problem are welcome. Thanks in advance!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
one thing that you could do is the 18 volt mod to give them a bit more clarity and overall better sound quality. its a 5 min job and youll never go back to 9v
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
one thing that you could do is the 18 volt mod to give them a bit more clarity and overall better sound quality. its a 5 min job and youll never go back to 9v

+1