Okay, so i know that some people, many people, name their guitars. So I sat there one day and thought... what should I name my guitar. Betsy? nah... Susie? nope... i dont really know. Anybody have any good suggestions on names. Am I weird for wanting to name my guitar? what do ya'll name your guitars?

Edit: Would you suggest naming it after a girlfriend, family member, nickname you had... etc.

Second Edit: Its black with a white faceplate white and is a squier strat affinity. i currently dont have a camera to post a picture of it.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Fender 15w amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by Wstornado9 at Mar 27, 2008,
name it Goatse.. or some stupid pit answer like that

a guitar names gotta be meaningful.. cant be something someone over an internet forum suggests.

on a sidenote.. am I the only one who thinks 2Guitars1Gigbag is a good idea?
Hmmm, I need to come up with a bunch. I never thought about it honestly, sounds like fun though, thanks.
damn betsy is so cliché i thought of it when i only read the title of this thread -_-
Why don't you post a picture and give some backstory?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

on a sidenote.. am I the only one who thinks 2Guitars1Gigbag is a good idea?

lmao

stop motion animation ftw
the game
Hmmm...that -is- a tough one! x_x My guitar is called Magus; Latin for 'wise-man' (and my favourite character in Chrono Trigger, SNES game. Cough. *nerd* XD)

Sometimes just...look at it XD It needs to be a relevant name to you; it should have a 'feeeel'!
I recently named my Alexi 600-SE (black w/pink bevels [that part is important])
BangCamaro

because recently, I saw a Camaro (car) with a black main finish and 2 pink stripes along it and reminded me totally of my guitar and that band, BangCamaro, thus my guitar's name is found.

Trying to think of a name for your guitar is hard, because you generally come up with cliche, gay, or stupid names.
Let it hit you randomly

btw, for he who owns the fender '60s telecaster, I'd call it Tweed.
ooo, i like that... using latin roots to make a name, kinda cool.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Fender 15w amp
Dunlop Crybaby
my gibbys name is lola, my acoustic is layla, and my artcore is roxanne.
my strat is yet to earn her name.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Someone name their guitar Amy...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Eh, I'll just throw my other guitars' names up here, since you guys are doing it :x

- 1996 Fender Standard Strat (in Ocean Turquoise) - Bailey
- Fender 60th Anniversary Commemorative Standard Strat - Silver (was called Moon, but after the mods, the new pickguard kinda took away its... " Mooniness"...?)
- 1981 Gibson Sonex-180 Custom - Tuxedo/CHOCOLATE THUNDAAA (the name my friend gave to it.)
- Parkwood PW340FM - ... The Parkwood

MrDURPEEDURP: Tweeds nice I'll think about it.