This is my first post.

Ok, so yesterday my dad surprised me by buying me an Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst. Been wanting it for like 3 years and its finally in my hands, and I LOVE IT. BUT... Here is where I need your help, down towards the neck pickup, the silver and blackpaint basically runs up onto the binding, and now that I saw it, its VERY noticeable. I know its a small thing but it really bothers me. So, should i ship it back, or am i just being picky? Ill try and upload some pics later on so you guys can see what i mean.
what would you do if your son was at home,
cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor
cuz he's hungry, and the only way to feed him
is to sleep with a man for a
little bit of money and his daddy's gone,
somewhere smokin' rock now,
in and out of lock down,
I ain't got a job now,
so for you this is just a good time but for me this is what
I call life, mmm

Seriously, your dad bought you a ****ing guitar. Be happy. Get used to it. Cover imperfections with duct-tape.
Quote by labria86
Well Ill go ahead and mark you as an idiot for future reference.

You should go ahead and report him. It's the little button with the exclamation mark.

Anyway, ask him where he got it from. If it was Musiciansfriend or a big website like that they'll let you return it and give you a new one.
put a pic up. I dunno man, depends how much of a prissy you are with your stuff.

Personally I don't give a **** and I'd keep it, but if it has to look perfect try and change it, I didn't know they still did silverburst though so it may be a nightmare to get another one in that finish
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
The binding is cream and he got it from guitar center.com and over payed by 150 bucks (but i doubt he really cares). Im thinking that not caring is the way im gonna go. It is awesome and im already getting attached. Think ill probably just keep it. Plus the way i see it is, if i get another one, there maybe a different problem with THAT one and the chain will continue. Haha. Well thanks guys, any more insight would be nice. Oh and are epi customs NON bolt on necks?
Quote by labria86
Oh and are epi customs NON bolt on necks?

Yes, they are SET IN necks.

Or at least they damn well better be.

If yours has bolts, send it back.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by labria86
The binding is cream and he got it from guitar center.com and over payed by 150 bucks (but i doubt he really cares). Im thinking that not caring is the way im gonna go. It is awesome and im already getting attached. Think ill probably just keep it. Plus the way i see it is, if i get another one, there maybe a different problem with THAT one and the chain will continue. Haha. Well thanks guys, any more insight would be nice. Oh and are epi customs NON bolt on necks?

No, all but the cheapest Epi's are set neck.
I think their set neck, although I could be wrong... Actually you have one, you tell me lol.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
TS, I thought your name was labia86 for a sec.

Anyway, no. Don't send it back.
Your dad just bought you a ****ing guitar; be grateful, dammit.
I AM GREATFUL!!!! Enough that I thought of sending it back just so he didnt have to spend the money but hed get mad at me. The worst part is that im not a kid im 21 and jobless (due to health problems) so that makes me feel like such a tool that he'd spend like 700 bucks on me HAHA! The paint bothered him too, but I think its cause weve both painted for a living ( : Im just gonna keep the dang thing! Its so awesome, and once I get used to playing on it, I wont even need to look down there... What kind of pick ups should I put in it? Im thinking a george lynch for the bridge and a burst bucker for the neck. Thanks for the set neck info.
Last edited by labria86 at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by labria86
Well Ill go ahead and mark you as an idiot for future reference.

That needs to be sigged
^ I personally love P-90's :\ For a more edgy sounds I love Dunc's. I've never tried the 85/81 EMG combo, but I heard it's amazing.
666 BRO