im trying to decided between two guitar bodies that i want to buy for my project. below is what they are and their information from the seller. if you guys could look at them and tell me what you think i should go with i would appreciate it.

1.Gibson Baldwin Les Paul Epoch Project Body

all it says is that its new and it looks nice. its black and it doesnt have the back or plug covers to it.

2.07 Fender Starcaster Fat Strat Luthier Project Body

This is a Starcaster solid wood body with a Ruby Burst polyurethane finish set up as a 25.5" scale. The body is 1.75" thick with a neck pocket of 2 3/16", standard Fender neck size. These bodies will support a Fat Strat configuration also. If you are wanting to build a strat, this is an inexpensive and great way to go. These are solid wood, not laminated and they sound great. This one has a light ding about the size of a dime about 1" off the neck pickup on the left side of the picture. The ding has mainly just cracked the paint and not enought to worry about the paint peeling. Rest of the body is in as new condition.
not quite sure. one of the versions says its agitha wood or something. the other doesnt say what kind of wood it has.
agathis?
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
yeah agathis srry lol misread. yeah the first version fender is agathis while the other version fender doesnt say what it is made of
i dont think agathis is a good wood. it is probably a squire body or something.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
ok so if thats true that agathis is not a good wood and the other version guitar might be made out of the same wood then it might be safe to say that the les paul is the way to go? but isnt that les paul part of a starter guitar set or something?
not to sure about the les paul. if it is it might be cheap wood to. you could always look for something else.

edit: the fender fat strat should be alder unless its a squire fat strat
Quote by Roc8995
yeah but they book look really great. and its hard to find a nice guitar body for this price. does it even matter? i mean if everything else is better quality parts and the body is not so gr8 does it really matter?
theyre both very low end starter guitars, I know they sell the starcaster at sam's club for like $120 as a starter kit
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
i think there is a company called "eden" on ebay that sells cheap bodys take a look at those. they are alder to i think.
Quote by Roc8995
It all really depends on who you ask, alot of people say the wood plays a huge part and others say its the electronics or the hardware or a combination of everything. If it's your first I'd say stick with one of these bodies and go from there. The only thing is you need to make sure with whichever you end up getting that you can either find a neck that will fit or be able to build the neck. You also need to make sure the neck is the right scale length seeing as these two bodies have different scale lengths from what I've read
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
Quote by Roc8995
Last edited by garrett7 at Mar 27, 2008,
the fenders have a 2 3/16" neck measurement. will that be a problem finding a neck for them? i dont know the measurements for the les paul