Page 1 of 3
Master of Puppets, The Trooper, Fade to Black and Oops I Did It Again.

Maybe, just maybe not the last one.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
la grange, then something like sad but true, then welcome home saniterium then finale probably gunshot to the head of trepidation
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Butcher The Weak by Devourment :P

I would give anything to play a song like that for my school
Something energetic. The Vines - Get Free. Something like that.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Hotel California, Communication Breakdown, and probably Working Man and the Lemon Song.
The Trooper, The Final Countdown, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Hate to Say I Told You So, Chapter Four, Breaking the Law, Gears of War and A Tout Le Monde to finish.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
1. Something I can play WELL. It doesn't matter if I get up there and and try to impress everyone by sweep picking for 2 minutes if I ****ing suck at doing it. You just end up looking like an idiot IMO.

2. Something that fits the amount of instruments I'll have on stage. Nothing looks worse than a single guitar no vocals rendition of "The Ocean". I see this too often.

EDIT: I'd probably play a bunch of White Stripes songs in a 10 minute medley cause it only takes two people to do and it's hard to (obviously) mess up with just a guitar and drums. Plus, Big Muff
Last edited by A Scenic World at Mar 27, 2008,
I'd play "No Pity For a Coward" by Suicide Silence just to see the crowd's reaction. XD
Quote by Harmonicdoom
I'd play "No Pity For a Coward" by Suicide Silence just to see the crowd's reaction. XD

Oh here...
Quote by RockingLogan
Come on guys are you guys all like super heavy metalzzzz?!?!

It depends on the crowd,

If they're all metalheads I'll play the songs that I mentionned above.

If they like punk, maybe some Rise Against, Against Me!, The Offspring, NOFX, Minor Threat, Green Day.

If there is some good looking girls, Hey There Delilah is a must.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by QuebecMetal
The Trooper, The Final Countdown, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Hate to Say I Told You So, Chapter Four, Breaking the Law, Gears of War and A Tout Le Monde to finish.

It's like you read my mind man!
sigh...
Hot for Teacher- Van Halen

Always with Me, Always with you- Satch

Surfing with the Alien- Satch

Freeway Jam- Jeff Beck
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by -Blue-
I would make an original song specifically to insult all of the teachers at the school.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=9951469

A day in the life of Mr. White.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
solo or in a band?

if its a band, play whatever your singer's BEST song is.

If its solo, play an instrumental, or somethig mellow.
No onw wants to see some kid playing Metallica, or any of the other suggestions listed. If its a band, of course that is a different story.
\
Would any of you want to see akid playing "enter sandman" without a drummer or singer?

pretty ghey, imo.
my talent show is tomorrow...no bands. just 20 girl signer that sing along to billy ray cyrus song. and occasionally you get a trumpet player or piano.

if my band was to show up at the talent show, we would win. I would play holiday by green day because everyone i know seems to love it and i have heard it over 1000 times and played it live about 100 (seriously). so i'm gettin pretty good at it.
Wow Holiday??

I wish i was that good...

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
At my talent show this year i played Jordan (with the solo) then Enter Sandman.

anyone find the reactions of them funny? when i played jordan barely any reaction, you know, they clapped and everything, but nothing like there should have been for that solo. and i played it pretty well too, abnormally.

enter sandman is what got them riled. i don't understand it.

the drummer told me that. he said that jordan will only be really crazy for guitarists, and i thought about that, and he was right.
Through the Fire and Flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i could play that good....

Seriously: I Remember You, Youth Gone Wild, In a Darkened Room, Life is Beautiful, and of course CHERRY PIE
Quote by Teh GIR
Wow Holiday??

I wish i was that good...

LOL!!!

Anyways.. Next year for talent show I'm going solo.. should I do Layla - Eric Clapton or what would you guys recommend? ( something mellow.. instrumental.. y'know )
Quote by devin_g94
my talent show is tomorrow...no bands. just 20 girl signer that sing along to billy ray cyrus song. and occasionally you get a trumpet player or piano.

if my band was to show up at the talent show, we would win. I would play holiday by green day because everyone i know seems to love it and i have heard it over 1000 times and played it live about 100 (seriously). so i'm gettin pretty good at it.

at my school...so true.
But I would probably play Kill your mother rape your dog, just to see the principals reaction....
Let's see, our band has like three originals so far, but I've missed the practices that two of them. We've "practiced" (see my sig to understand the "practice" part):

Knights of Cydonia - Muse
California Uber Alles - Dead Kennedys
No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
End of the World - The Living End
Police Truck - Dead Kennedys

and I can't remember if we decided on more, again I haven't been to practice for a while.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, we're also planning to do:

Rust in Peace - Megadeth (excluding Polaris)
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Mar 27, 2008,
At our school's talent show this year, my band played Bad Penny by Rory Gallagher, Roadhouse Blues by The Doors, and Heavy by Collective Soul as an encore.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Paul Carbonella
At my talent show this year i played Jordan (with the solo) then Enter Sandman.

anyone find the reactions of them funny? when i played jordan barely any reaction, you know, they clapped and everything, but nothing like there should have been for that solo. and i played it pretty well too, abnormally.

enter sandman is what got them riled. i don't understand it.

the drummer told me that. he said that jordan will only be really crazy for guitarists, and i thought about that, and he was right.

No offense at all or anything, but how is it surprising that a bunch of non-musicians weren't impressed with a shreddy solo? Generally the only types of people that listen to technically complicated music are musicians themselves. Successful mainstream tunes, like Enter Sandman, are always gonna get a better reaction from the general public just 'cause they know it.
Quote by A Scenic World
Successful mainstream tunes, like Enter Sandman, are always gonna get a better reaction from the general public just 'cause they know it.

Well, that's true. People know it and could get more into it.

I just thought that people would appreciate an instrumental like Jordan. I mean, I can't really remember how I would listen to instrumental guitar when I wasn't a guitar player, but I think I would of been impressed by a song like that.

And it's in Guitar Hero .
Zombie Apocalypse - Mortician (though...why would I be in a school comp.?)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Pink floyd "another break in the wall" (hey teachers leave the kids alone)

That would be my first choice.

Or bucketheads

welcome to bucketheadland

Or binge and grab.

WHATVER YOU DO AVOID shred. I love shred but most are annoyed by pure shred. THe "song binge and grab its a cool choice cause it got a nice solo with shred, yet most of the song is groovy"
Iron Maiden- Flight of icarus
Metallica- ...And Justice for All
Behemoth- Conquer All
Between the Buried and Me- Mordecai

The only reason I would play Behemoth and BTBAM is to see the reaction on their faces.

(in case you didn't know, Mordecai starts off with a very harsh death metal sound, but then durastically changes to a mellow sound at the end of the song, which would confuse the audience a lot)
Guitar Hero fans would recognize Jordan...
Quote by nyandres
Pink floyd "another break in the wall" (hey teachers leave the kids alone)

That would be my first choice.

Or bucketheads

welcome to bucketheadland

Or binge and grab.

WHATVER YOU DO AVOID shred. I love shred but most are annoyed by pure shred. THe "song binge and grab its a cool choice cause it got a nice solo with shred, yet most of the song is groovy"

Buckethead is shred. At least IMO.

Quote by maniac111

(in case you didn't know, Mordecai starts off with a very harsh death metal sound, but then durastically changes to a mellow sound at the end of the song, which would confuse the audience a lot)

Mordecai is win, when a whole band is playing.

And if you have a good clean channel... Midnight - Joe Satriani?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 3