I want to invest in a volume pedal soon. Can anyone give me idea's on good ones, in $AU would be nice, but not neccesary.

Also, a question. Would it be best to put it in the effects loop after the 900's preamp gain?

Im running Guitar > TS-9 > WahWah > JCM900 w/ in amp reverb.

I was thinking of putting after the wah/ts-9 (whichever I decide goes first since still after months i'm undecided :P). What do you suggest.

I won't be buying this for months so I want to research as much as possible and try as many as I can before settling.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
i think it's best to put it in front of the amp. ernie ball volume jr is the best i think.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
i've heard people swear by the ernie ball volume pedal. i don't know what it costs though. sorry.
I can always figure out how much it costs, it's cool. Thanks guys i'll check them out.

At the moment it's just for small once in a while gigs that I have to do for my Music course so it's not too important to get a top of the line one.

Thanks fellas, i'll look in to those. I was thinking of the ernie ball one though.

The Gear I Use Most:

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Mattalac
I was thinking of putting after the wah/ts-9 (whichever I decide goes first since still after months i'm undecided :P). What do you suggest.

it really depends on the effect you want the volume pedal to have on your sound. I'd suggest when you get one that you play around with it in every position just to see what it can do.

i myself use one right before my delay to get a nice volume swell effect

EDIT: get the ernie ball
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Depending on where you put the volume pedal will dictate whether or not it is "Pre" or "Post"

Post is to completely cut the volume of your rig, while Pre will allow your time based effects to still be heard after you've cut the volume....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by shredhead22
it really depends on the effect you want the volume pedal to have on your sound. I'd suggest when you get one that you play around with it in every position just to see what it can do.

i myself use one right before my delay to get a nice volume swell effect

EDIT: get the ernie ball

I'll put it before time based effects always. The reverb in my amp would after the effects loop, right? I'd presume it would be.

The Gear I Use Most:

TooJoo The Band