I live in Australia and I own a Mesa Boogie Mark III (the one WITH the graphic eq). I do love it but it isn't my ultimate amp. Plus Im primarily a bedroom guitarist and its super powerful for that sort of stuff and I dont really do it justice. Anyway Im considering trading it in or selling it in the future to buy an amp that I would love and a little bit less power. Bout 40 to 50 watts would be nice because gigging will probably happen in future.

Anyway I was just wondering about how much I could get for it in Australia and what sort of amp I could get with that money. Would be a combo or head and 212 cab.

The amps I think I would love would be the laney TT50 or the gh50, or maybe an engl. Could I manage to afford them without aqdding extra money to the cause?
Music I play is rock, mainly alternative stuff. ie Muse, Smashing Pumpkins
So good cleans and quite a bit of gain would be nice

Btw the Boogie is in great shape, everything is fine with it and I even have a road case for it that the previous owner built for it.

Thanks guys for any help
do you know how ****ing expensive a Mark III would be in aus??
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
do you know how ****ing expensive a Mark III would be in aus??

Im full aware of how much boogie's cost in Australia, I'm not a noob, but I've never seen the Mark 3 sold in Australia so I dont know how much they go for.
I got mine for $1600 which was really cheap for Australia I believe but I wanna know what I can get.
Quote by matt_moonhead
I live in Australia and I own a Mesa Boogie Mark III (the one WITH the graphic eq). I do love it but it isn't my ultimate amp. Plus Im primarily a bedroom guitarist and its super powerful for that sort of stuff and I dont really do it justice. Anyway Im considering trading it in or selling it in the future to buy an amp that I would love and a little bit less power. Bout 40 to 50 watts would be nice because gigging will probably happen in future.

Anyway I was just wondering about how much I could get for it in Australia and what sort of amp I could get with that money. Would be a combo or head and 212 cab.

The amps I think I would love would be the laney TT50 or the gh50, or maybe an engl. Could I manage to afford them without aqdding extra money to the cause?
Music I play is rock, mainly alternative stuff. ie Muse, Smashing Pumpkins
So good cleans and quite a bit of gain would be nice

Btw the Boogie is in great shape, everything is fine with it and I even have a road case for it that the previous owner built for it.

Thanks guys for any help

Just buy a Roland Microcube to practise at home for the mean time. As you said you will be gigging and you mightent get another MKIII again so its prolly better you keep it.

Btw, 100watts isnt much louder that 40/50 watts so you really would be wasting your time.
The shop will probably hope to sell it for around $2400 so for trade in you'l probably get $1200 - 1800. If you want to play muse and smashing pumpkins an engl may be a little to intense for you.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD