As soon as i get some spare cash i plan on recreating my squier strat. I want to make this guitar actually suitable for playing and sound good. However i want to make it totally differents than the average design.

1. Will new pickups in a squier strat make it sound any better? Is it worth the money or will it still sound crap?

2. How would a fretless guitar sound? Is it a good idea to try this out? How do i go about removing the frets? Tips?

Basically im looking for any help i can get in making my squier sound good. So any tips from previous experience would be greatly appreciated. By the way im looking to turn this into a blues guitar.
Free Mumia
Removing the frets would just leave deep gouges in ur fret board, and it would sound like ****, dont do that, pick ups always help, I have a bc rich (absolute ****) and my friend has the same 1 but with EMG's that he got installed (y he put that much money into a bc rich is beyond me) it sounds alot better, still **** but thats cause its a bc rich haha
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by schecter_r0cker
Removing the frets would just leave deep gouges in ur fret board, and it would sound like ****, dont do that, pick ups always help, I have a bc rich (absolute ****) and my friend has the same 1 but with EMG's that he got installed (y he put that much money into a bc rich is beyond me) it sounds alot better, still **** but thats cause its a bc rich haha

indeed there would be deep gouges but i plan on filling the gaps with a filler. Would this help at all? What if i were to glue a thin sheet of wood on top of the fretboard would this screw it up or make it sound horrible?
Free Mumia
I suggest buying a new fretboard, if you can find a fretless one...good luck.
Have you ever played a fretless guitar before?
I haven't, so I don't know, but I would think that it would be hard to get the strings to ring out.
I have played a fretless six string bass before, and it was a bit hard to get notes out on the thinner high C string, and I can imagine it being worse on a guitar.
without frets, you need to rremember that your fingers become the frets. you need to put your fingers exactly where the frets are supposed to be
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.