Ok, this maybe a nooby question for someone who has been playing 3 years but i just can never do it. I can restring the guitar no problem and it is always fine but i know ideally the string is meant to go round the peg like 3 or 4 times. I can only get it to go round once before it starts getting very tight.

I'm just curious for when i restring next time.

Thanks.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Interesting... The only answer I can think of is to just wrap it around.... But thats kinda obvious. In what way do you meant tight?
yeah thats a pretty noob question allright. you just put a little bit through the peg and wind wind wind
Quote by theguitarplayin
give the string slack before winding it around the peg

bingo!
You've been playing three years, have three guitars but still don't know how to string your guitar properly?
you dont wind it then stick it thru the hole.

you leave slack in the string, like said.

you lay the string on the board, measure a couple of inches past the tuner. bend the string there. then thread the string thru the tuner hole, up to that bend mark only. not tight.
now wind up.

the string will be floppy for a few winds, so hold it best you can. by the 3 wind, it should be tight. all set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by smb
You've been playing three years, have three guitars but still don't know how to string your guitar properly?

Like i said the way i do it i have never had a problem with.

I was just curious.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Who told you you have to wrap it around the peg 3 times?
I hardly ever wind it more than 1 time, sometimes only half a peg, and it stays put. Just make sure you the windings are not overlapping if you do have more than 1.
I pull the string tight through the tuner with one hand, hold it at the nut with the other and pull back to the first fret.

Should give you a good 2-4 wraps around the post.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
put the string through the hole in the post, leave a decent amount of slack and put a kink in the string where the excess is.

wind up, pull out slack, tune.
buy 3 sets of locking tuners problem solved
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H