ive been hearing all this about schecter being the most bang for the buck, so i started looking at them, but then i came across this

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/hex_deluxe.html

origional floyd, emg 81/85, mahogany body... and seeing that michael kellys patriot glorys (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Glory-Electric-Guitar?sku=513848) are priced at 500, and the valors (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Valor-Custom-T-Electric-Guitar?sku=513854) at 550, i couldnt imagine the hex deluxe being more then 700

so what do you guys think? will the Hex Deluxe upseat Schecters C-1 Hellraiser(http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=518471) for the most bang for the buck?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
maybe, but I doubt it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The thing about Schecter is they have a well established rep. MK might make good guitars but until they get better known they're not going to surpass Schecter.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
how much is the HEX?! thats beautiful!
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
how much is the HEX?! thats beautiful!

I agree, I wanna play one really bad now...
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Who said Shcecter guitars are this godlike? O.o
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by FRDesign
The Micheal Kelly looks ugly IMO. The Schecters are amzing looking.

IMO, Schecters are boring looking. The Michael Kelly looks somewhat more interesting IMO.
Be cool.
My brother picked up a michael kelly hourglass on christmas and it played and sounded fantastic especially for the money. His was setup real nice so it played perfect.
Not an upset, and there really is no definitive "best bang for the buck" guitar brand. Just different guitars for different people. You just gotta find something you like for what you can afford.

That said, Michael Kelly makes some solid guitars, and you should definitely look into them if your in the market for something new that won't drain all your funds.

/ I <3 my C-1
Quote by thedude051
IMO, Schecters are boring looking. The Michael Kelly looks somewhat more interesting IMO.

+1.

And they've been neglected for some time since most of their guitars were 22 fret fixed bridge mahogany guitars.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I wish my Schecter S-1 Blackjack was any of the Michael Kelly Patriots.

Spectacular guitars for the price .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Those are some amazing specs (you don't see ebony fretboards everyday y'know ). Yuck at the active EMG's, though. I remember seeing some Youtube reviews on Michael Kelly's and they did seem like some very nice guitars. Personally I'm not a fan of Schecter :P