There is a guy who works in a shop in Pakistan who claims that he has Ibanez guitars made in Germany!!! Could that be true?? i always thought they were originally Japanese made. And one more question, is there any chance that Ibanez copies exists??? Am trying to make a deal on a IC T700 to be shipped from there. And am worried that the guitar might be a copy and not the real thing
Quote by deaththrashcore
Go to GuitarCenter and buy destroy a Schecter.

The crappy Ibanez are designed in Japan and manufactured in Korea, the better ones are made in Japan to the best quality standards.

Fixed for accuracy.

\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Jyscal
There is a guy who works in a shop in Pakistan who claims that he has Ibanez guitars made in Germany!!! Could that be true?? i always thought they were originally Japanese made. And one more question, is there any chance that Ibanez copies exists??? Am trying to make a deal on a IC T700 to be shipped from there. And am worried that the guitar might be a copy and not the real thing

Go to the ibanez website. There are.
Quote by deaththrashcore
Go to GuitarCenter and buy a Schecter.

Ibanez is designed in Japan and manufactured in Korea.

Bzzt. Wrong. The mid-level Ibanez are made in Korea, while the low-end ones are made in Indonesia, and the best ones are made in Japan.

There have also never been German made Ibanez, but there are some USA-customs floating around (there's one at my local music store). There are also fakes, so watch out for those.
Quote by which ones pink
Bzzt. Wrong. The mid-level Ibanez are made in Korea, while the low-end ones are made in Indonesia, and the best ones are made in Japan.

There have also never been German made Ibanez, but there are some USA-customs floating around (there's one at my local music store). There are also fakes, so watch out for those.

Wrong too,

Prestiges= Japan
S Series= Korea
Anything else= Indonesia
^You just repeated what I said Low-end=GIO or RG with a crap trem.
Mid=Sabers (though a lot of older Sabers were MIJ) and Artcores (yes, Ibanez has more than superstrats).
High-end=Prestiges, or any RG above 5xx. I also don't think Ibanez made anything in Indonesia until about the time they replaced the Edge Pro II.
Quote by FRDesign
Wrong too,

Prestiges= Japan
S Series= Korea
Anything else= Indonesia

You just repeated what the other guy said...
Be cool.
Quote by FRDesign
Wrong too,

Prestiges= Japan
S Series= Korea
Anything else= Indonesia

You high boy?

And the IC is probably real. Not many people bother making Iceman copies (that I know of).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
You high boy?

And the IC is probably real. Not many people bother making Iceman copies (that I know of).

Ed Roman <3s Ibanez Iceman guitars..... it's pretty much the only guitar he takes the time to refinish and refinish and refinish in 100s of ways.

He's a luthier from USA/LV/Nevada
Quote by FRDesign
Wrong too,

Prestiges= Japan
S Series= Korea
Anything else= Indonesia

*cough* so J. Customs are made in Indonesia according to you?

FAIL.
GET OUT.
GET.
THE.
HELL.
OUTTA.
HERE.
NAO.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
*cough* so J. Customs are made in Indonesia according to you?

FAIL.
GET OUT.
GET.
THE.
HELL.
OUTTA.
HERE.
NAO.
J.Customs are Japan only, I'm talking about the USDM lineup.
Quote by FRDesign
UNITED STATES DOMESTIC MARKET

as in whats sold in the usa

Wow that's completely oblivious since we're talking about international places of manufacture smart ass.

Ergo, you should've mentioned other guitars that Japan makes such as RG Extremes and the aforementioned J. Customs.
Quote by thedude051
You just repeated what the other guy said...

Aren't there any MIK RGs?
So the Korean Ibanez's are built to a better quality standard than the indonesian ones?
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
So the Korean Ibanez's are built to a better quality standard than the indonesian ones?

Yes, but not by a drastic margin.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Ed Roman <3s Ibanez Iceman guitars..... He's pretty much the most retarded person to ever touch wood, and by touching wood I mean he strokes gay people with AIDS.

He's a tard from USA/LV/Nevada

Fixed for accuracy.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Just to refresh ts's mind, Ibanez was never made in Germany, guaranteed. Play it before you buy it is my opinion on the subject.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
One little problem though... I live in Dubai and the guitar is in a shop in pakistan :S so i can't play it before buying. the sales guy is giving me one amazing deal so i still feel its too good to be true. am afraid it might be a copy or a fraud. any advice guys???
ask him for a serial number(off the back of the headstock) and refference that against ibanez web rescources and see it matches up to the model guitar hes selling you.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I simply love how if a guitar isn't hand crafted with the finest hand tools then it's terrible.

My Korean Ibanez S is still just as well put toghether as my made in america Carvin.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Ed Roman <3s Ibanez Iceman guitars..... it's pretty much the only guitar he takes the time to refinish and refinish and refinish in 100s of ways.

He's a luthier from USA/LV/Nevada

He's not a luthier from Nevada, he's a bastard degenarate from Nevada...

And judging by the other reactions in this thread, I'm not the only one with this opinion.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by FRDesign
Wrong too,

Prestiges= Japan
S Series= Korea
Anything else= Indonesia

You suck as well.

Ibanez make guitars all over Asia, from Indonesia to Korea, to China, and yes, Japan as well. Most hollowbodies and basses are made in China, bar the Prestige models, which are made in Japan. Most mid range guitars (s series, tremolo RG) are made in Korea, and lower downs (RG fixed, G models) are made in Indonesia. The only exception I know of is the X series, which are made in Thailand.
ok i have another question.. the Iceman am looking into is made in indonesia....
how bad does this sound??? does it really means that the quality build is cheap or not as good as japan's Ibanez guitars???
Quote by Jyscal
ok i have another question.. the Iceman am looking into is made in indonesia....
how bad does this sound??? does it really means that the quality build is cheap or not as good as japan's Ibanez guitars???

The Iceman will not be of the same quality as Ibanez' Japanese guitars.

This doesn't mean it won't be nice though; just try it out and judge for yourself.

Despite liking the Prestige series a lot, I personally find a lot of the lower quality Ibanez guitars to have a lot of value for money.

Like most brands, they tend to install lower quality floating bridges in their cheaper (as in, less expensive than Prestige) models (with an exception being the S320), but since the Iceman is a hardtail, this isn't a problem.
ok is there any Japanese made Iceman??? or is it only prestige models that are made in japan????
Quote by Jyscal
ok is there any Japanese made Iceman??? or is it only prestige models that are made in japan????

Prestige is a term that refers to the neck treatment and general quality of an instrument.

There has been an Iceman shaped signature model made for J from White Zombie (hard to find), but I don't know of any regular Prestige Iceman guitars.

Two bits of info though:

-the Korean and Chinese factories also make some Prestige guitars, so it's not limited to Japan.

-the new ICT700 will be the closest (widely available) guitar to a Prestige Iceman. It has a hardtail bridge, DiMarzio pickups and 24 frets.
I asked a guy who claims to be an expert on Ibanez guitars... he said that Iceman aren't that good, and that the RG series are way better than any IC... i believe the RG is an amazing guitar... but i love the Iceman looks... is it really true that the Iceman isn't really a good guitar to play???
Quote by Jyscal
I asked a guy who claims to be an expert on Ibanez guitars... he said that Iceman aren't that good, and that the RG series are way better than any IC... i believe the RG is an amazing guitar... but i love the Iceman looks... is it really true that the Iceman isn't really a good guitar to play???

There are/have been several models, all different in quality.

The ICT700, when compared to a standard (as in: above the GIO, but below Prestige) RG is most likely the better guitar.

Anyone claiming to be an expert on Ibanez should know that a series (or bodyshape) usually comes in different versions, which also have different levels of quality.

The RGs are more popular than the Iceman, so there are more models available.

Right now I reckon the top of the line for the Iceman is the afore mentioned ICT700 and a few years ago you also had the PGM600 (rare and expensive), which was MIJ and Prestige.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 28, 2008,