I've been getting into alot of the really down-tuned metal like Nile, Suicide Silence, etc. Alot of death metal bascially. Now my question is, what type of guitar would you guys reccomend for this? I've been playing Ibanez's for awhile, and those seem to work pretty well, but I'm thinking about upgrading to a RG Prestige. So if you have any suggestions for a good guitar that can handle this stuff, please help. Thanks.
i like my Jackson, but essentially anything with good humbuckers is good
my Jackson is in drop c, and my ibanez is in standard/drop d
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Do you change tunings alot? If so, you do not want a locking trem, even if it's a good one. I'd also recommend something with a mahogany body and EMGs or similar.

And of course I must ask; what amp do you have?
I really only stay between Drop C or Drop B(B mostly). So, yeah, I do change tunings. And to be honest, locking trems scare the crap outta me. But as far as my amp goes, I have a Line 6 Spider 2, but I use my Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal, so I use the clean channel on it.
why the hell would you buy a spider....and THEN buy a Digitech Death Metal (of ALL pedals....*shakes head in disaproval*)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Well if you're looking for a better metal sound, you definitely need a new amp first. If your guitar is crap and you hate playing it, get a new guitar. I'd recommend an ESP Eclipse or LTD EC-1000, but what's your price range?
Quote by ChaoticVengence
why the hell would you buy a spider....and THEN buy a Digitech Death Metal (of ALL pedals....*shakes head in disaproval*)

Because the metal channel on the amp blows.

And @Pink: Yeah. I really don't like my amp. I was thinking about an Ibanez TBX half-stack. I'd like to keep the price range below $400.
Quote by Harmonicdoom
I really only stay between Drop C or Drop B(B mostly). So, yeah, I do change tunings. And to be honest, locking trems scare the crap outta me. But as far as my amp goes, I have a Line 6 Spider 2, but I use my Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal, so I use the clean channel on it.

What the **** is the point of drop B?
Why not just get a 7 string?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Harmonicdoom
Because the metal channel on the amp blows.

And @Pink: Yeah. I really don't like my amp. I was thinking about an Ibanez TBX half-stack. I'd like to keep the price range below $400.

Sorry, but a Toneblaster isn't any better than a Spider, probably even worse. I can't really think of a good death metal amp for $400, maybe a used B-52 AT-112, or a Randall RG50TC. If you can save up about $700 I'd get a used Peavey 5150.
Quote by which ones pink
Sorry, but a Toneblaster isn't any better than a Spider, probably even worse. I can't really think of a good death metal amp for $400, maybe a used B-52 AT-112, or a Randall RG50TC. If you can save up about $700 I'd get a used Peavey 5150.

Mkay, thanks. So back to LTD's, would it be better to buy an LTD EC-1000 or an Eclipse?
When I saw Suicide Silence they were using 7 strings.. (BTW What a lame band.) Nile uses some sort of really low Drop tuning.. I think you might as well get a 7 string if you like that ****.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Harmonicdoom
Mkay, thanks. So back to LTD's, would it be better to buy an LTD EC-1000 or an Eclipse?

Well the Eclipse is obviously better (It's an ESP, not an LTD), but the EC-1000 is some serious bang for the buck.