i have an old strat thats falling apart, the necks warping and the high e-string's been breaking like once a week. with how much it'd probably cost to fix it would probably be worth more having the money go into a new guitar.

i can go up to around like $800 (maybe a little more, not much tho). i kinda want a semi-hollow but if theres a better solid-body for cheaper ill go for that. i play a lot of harder stuff like white stripes, and jet but i've been getting into stuff like pink floyd and radiohead too.

if you can help thanks
Buy something amazing thats lightly used....

EDIT:If your going hollow-body i like the Gretsch elctromatic something or nots w/bigsby. but going hollow limits you to certain styles (id prefer to have both solid and hollow. or solid if i had to choose)
also the Telecaster thinline(?) is semi-hollow since your familiar with the fender feel already
Last edited by Lamrick21 at Mar 27, 2008,
dude

buy a hagstrom

or an artcore custom

sweet guitars
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
well my friends got an epi dot i think, and i liked how it sounded, i just didnt like the feel.

they have a fender semi-hollow?
Quote by deserteagles50
Shecter C1 Hellraiser FR. Enough said

my friend has one and absolutely loves it. he says the only problem is the wieght. that thing is HEAVY.
Quote by deserteagles50
Shecter C1 Hellraiser FR. Enough said

ya, i agree with him , it kicks ass and can play any style of music, i prefer the one without the floyd rose tho

the one with the FR is $799 i think
and the onde without it is around $699 depending on where u get it
Quote by Jdfs1
ya, i agree with him , it kicks ass and can play any style of music, i prefer the one without the floyd rose tho

the one with the FR is $799 i think
and the onde without it is around $699 depending on where u get it

whats a floyd rose? hah sorry i been playing awhile i should know i just dont really get into any of the gear.
I have an ibanez RGR 521 EX2 it cost me almost 500 and plays sweeter then anything else i've used

if you could spare the green to buy one of the more expensive ones with a trem i think that would be a damn good guitar for hard rock (though they are solidbody)
rokknrollldude wrote:
By the way any one who was dead and then came back after OD ing is oficially the BOMB
Quote by arcticradiohead
whats a floyd rose?

a brand of floating tremelo. basically you tune and lock the string at the bottom AND top. and then you can use the whammy bar and it'll never go outa tune. its a PAIN to restring tho and if one string goes out they all do.

also thinline tele's run about $700 but i personally was never a fan of teles. especially the thinline because it has humbucks so it loses the whole tele sound.
TS, do you like the feel of your Strat? I'd say a Strat would be very good for those bands you mentioned above. You don't need a floyd rose, and the Hellraiser will not work well with your music style.

BTW, why is it necessary to put a minimum in your price range?
Quote by mp3stalin
a brand of floating tremelo. basically you tune and lock the string at the bottom AND top. and then you can use the whammy bar and it'll never go outa tune. its a PAIN to restring tho and if one string goes out they all do.
Precisely. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65XJ6V__pvE
Quote by mp3stalin
also thinline tele's run about $700 but i personally was never a fan of teles. especially the thinline because it has humbucks so it loses the whole tele sound.
The one in my post has singles, doesn't it?
another thing you might wanna look into: schecter C-1's. im almost possitive there's a hollowbody one.
Quote by crust_punk
TS, do you like the feel of your Strat? I'd say a Strat would be very good for those bands you mentioned above. You don't need a floyd rose, and the Hellraiser will not work well with your music style.

BTW, why is it necessary to put a minimum in your price range?

i like the feel, i wish it had more balls behind it tho without having to get a bunch of effects.

haha, idk. bad habit
Quote by arcticradiohead
whats a floyd rose? hah sorry i been playing awhile i should know i just dont really get into any of the gear.

its a type of bridge, i dont like them because they are really hard to restring. i think the one without it would b better
Quote by arcticradiohead
i like the feel, i wish it had more balls behind it tho without having to get a bunch of effects.

Well, a good amp will do more for your tone than a guitar, and a humbucker in the bridge can help a lot as well.