Okay, I'll put it more simply this time.

Looking for a 30w tube combo, plays Progressive Rock/Metal

Have OD pedal.

Classic 30 a good choice?

Budget: 500-800 USD
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Mar 27, 2008,
Try one out? I know my C30 won't do metal despite that fact that I have numerous boosts/distortions/od's but my guitars aren't geared towards metal and it looks like some of yours are. Honestly though I think the C30 wouldn't be ideal for what you want to do but I could very well be wrong.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
id say so...but find one on craigslist or something(one you can play before you buy but is still used/cheap)
Well, where I go for music shopping. They don't have many Peavey's...they have a Royal 8 VK, but not what I'm looking for. And, when I say metal I don't mean death/black metal I mean more like just mildly heavy distorted guitar.

I can basically only try ENGLs, Marhsalls, and Fenders where I'm at (and they're either, too pricey, only MG, or too SS respectively)

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Anyone got any opinions to share?

Quote by eggsandham2
Traynor 40W?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Any reasons why?

I'm looking for reasons to buy the C30 or reasons to NOT buy the C30

Quote by eggsandham2
Traynors are apparently very marshally sounding, and have good dist.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The C30 is very vintage voiced. Really more of a blues/classic rock amp.

The Traynor YCV 40 would be a better choice. Better cleans than the Peavey (if you care), and a tighter, more modern gain. The 50 Blue version has the Marshall sound.

The best choice would be a second hand Mesa F30, or similar, smaller, second-hand Mesa like a DC or Subway.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Okay, thanks.

I think I might go for the Traynor.

Quote by eggsandham2