I've noticed Blackhearts poppin' up in discussions here on UG, and I looked at the ones for sale on MF. My question is, are they alot better than Line 6 Spyder II's, and are there louder Blackhearts than 5w?
yea tone wise they're miles ahead of the spiders. versatility is usually w/ the modeling amps, but they are jack of all trades, master of none as you may have heard. the 5 watt can handle a drummer if u don't mind having hardly any cleans. but the 15 watter is coming out april 4th i THINK. along w/ the 100 watt head too. personally i'd love an in between (30 watt) but eventually somethin like that is bound to come out.

on a side note, i've made a thread dedicated to all blackheart discussion so that there wouldn't be so many different threads poppin up everywhere. i think the rest of UG will appreciate that. if not then they can be pricks, you can never please everyone
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
actually it goes down to 30. but yea man that head might be an awesome investment. but i really do think it'd be best to keep further discussion in my designated thread! not bein a nazi, just that's the REASON i created it! it'll help keep track of everyone's questions w/o having to scour the pages for them!

i really appreciate it bro.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Blackheart has 3 other models that aren't available yet. I had a Handsome Devil head and 1x12 cab on order but the availability was pushed back to May and I couldn't wait for an amp so I bought the Ampeg Jet.

They're a real tube amp designed with built-in mod taps. A refreshing and clever design/marketing concept that makes them interesting to me. I'm into something affordable that I can modify and improve down the road.

I'm still interested in the Handsome Devil but, now that I've bought the Ampeg, it'll be after they've been out for a while.

Are they better than the Spider II? Probably. They're a tube amp and they sound like themselves. The Spider is SS and designed to model several different amps.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I'd rather have the real thing. If I want different sounds, I'll get a few pedals and eventually buy other amps. I'm addicted now.
Theres one coming out in April that's 15W with a gain knob and a few other things for $400 or so.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I looked and everything looks quite promising. What a nice set of amplifiers. I might look into these.

yeah, I heard they're going to replace the palominos
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH