I was looking at getting a schecter omen-extreme (au$800) but found ibanez rg350dx's (au$430-840) are pretty cheap.. so now im not sure which one,, i play/want to play anything from rock to metal (pantera,metallica,iron maiden) alot of the new hard/death/metalcore stuff etc.
the rg has a floyd trem/edge 3 which i heard causes tuning problems, and i want to tune down to things like drop b.. i havent been able to play the ibanez since i live in a pretty small town and theres only one music store store, but i have tried the schecter and i like it.. any advice, like which is heavier and which has a thinner neck, would be awesome. thanks

Ps. Sorry if it's hard to read or doesnt have enough info, this is my first post
Last edited by rolling_stoner at Mar 27, 2008,
You need the shecter...shecter is good...very good...must buy shecter. Hahaha I'd go with the shecter mate, if you've tried it out and you like it.

I have the schecter omen7 and its awesome, but wish it had a trem. bar but w/e, u should get what u feel like u want
I saw a schecter lady luck on ebay for around 400-500AUD.
It includes free shipping to Australia from America, So check that out.
It'd be a hard decision since you can't play it though.
I forgot to mention that the schecter has two humbuckers and is coiltapped, and the ibanez has two humbuckers and one single coil..

Thanks to everyone whos replied so far

Quote by Mung bean
You need the shecter...shecter is good...very good...must buy shecter. Hahaha I'd go with the shecter mate, if you've tried it out and you like it.

You just wont give up, will you jamie?
Last edited by rolling_stoner at Mar 27, 2008,
^ I want a Lady Luck..
Anyway, a Schecter would be better. And if you didnt want to buy one from America, THIS
is in Australia and its only $50 more than the Omen extreme you were talking about, and its better.
RG350DX's have Edge 3's, not so good
Quote by rolling_stoner
I forgot to mention that the schecter has two humbuckers and is coiltapped, and the ibanez has two humbuckers and one single coil..

Thanks to everyone whos replied so far

Clickie.
Quote by Moe.
I saw a schecter lady luck on ebay for around 400-500AUD.
It includes free shipping to Australia from America, So check that out.
It'd be a hard decision since you can't play it though.

I think i might go with that then,, thanks heaps