Page 1 of 2
....... I need a new guitar because my retarded band members won't accept my G-400.
So.........
We play Guns N Roses, Metallica, DragonForce, heavy and nu metal, and any modern rock.
Very little classic.
HELP!
Maximum of $420.00.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen
....... I need a new guitar because my retarded band members won't accept my G-400.
So.........
We play Guns N Roses, Metallica, DragonForce, heavy and nu metal, and any modern rock.
Very little classic.
HELP!
Maximum of $420.00.

Wow, your band seems like a bunch of losers already. Go tell them to screw off and let you play guitar. The guitarist is whats most important...
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Wow, your band seems like a bunch of losers already. Go tell them to screw off and let you play guitar. The guitarist is whats most important...

I'm getting a new one anyway, so I may as well adapt to them
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen

Well, in that case, are there any body styles you prefer? Any preferences in features? Whammy, no whammy?
Be cool.
any esp guitar probably a jeff hanamen a esp
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
upgrade pickups in your SG to better buckers??
if that's not good enough, then an LP seems like it would be up your alley. If not, maybe a Schecter C-1?

I don't play that kind of music, so I'm not the best guy to ask, but I believe those would be good options.
i say go for a schecter or an ESP thats wat i got and i love mine its an H-series
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
esp all the way
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Tell the ****ers to lick you balls.

If that doesn't work get a C1
Psh, **** them. That's pretty douche-y, unless it's some lame ass color or looks/sounds like crap (due to wear or something).

Thumbing through last December's Musician's Friend (for image purposes, I know what I'm going to recommend you, it's not a blind tip):

Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer Hardtail - $400 (looks pretty bitchin' to me...)
Epi. Dot Studio Semi-Hollow - $200 (that's for the basic one, the red/brown sunburst you add $50, the black +$100, I have no clue why.)
<- That's only if you're into hollowbodies like I am. In that case I'd recommend instead and Ibanez Artcore. Since what you play doesn't exactly use a lot of Mid range frequency (or not, it doesn't matter), it won't give a much feedback.

And you could always go with a Jackson! The King V's are $309, as is the Rhoads signature.

Most of Ibanez' solid-bodies are pretty metal oriented, judging by descriptions and first-hand accounts.

Deans ditto, ESP Ltd.'s ditto.

The Dean MLs are only like $170, and they've got Dave Mustaine's new signature V for $300. ESPs are generally cheap. The EX-400 is a visual favorite for me. Or just get a Viper 400 to piss them off.

Schecters are also pretty "typecast" metal guitars. I don't know much about these, but a friend of mine has one (I forget which, but it's a C-1, I'm pretty sure) and he loves it.

Hope that helps...
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Im gonna hate myself for this but Im gonna recommend a shecter. Since your budet is tight, you'll be happy with theii pickups, hardware. My other recommendation is ibanez rg. Best feel ever, but the action is too low (which negatively affects rhythm tone), and the tremolo also affects the palm muted tone. It wont sound as heavy. For that reason i say shecter, or even better a washburn.
Guitar should not matter and they cover Dragonforce??...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Whatever you do dont play dragonforce like they do live. They suck live.

Another option that came to my mind and which is very good value wise is the new Laguna guitars. I tried one and it was really nice, the only thing is that its made in indonesia. By the way its a swamp ash body which is awesome.
What amp are you using?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen
So.........
Very little classic.
HELP!
Maximum of $420.00.

You don't need a new guitar, you need a new band...

...it'll be cheaper too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You don't need a new guitar, you need a new band...

...it'll be cheaper too

This is the smartest dumb bird i've ever witnessed?!
I think UK has achieved utter greatness to USA now because of you mr. steven seagull
Quote by vamprocker
any esp guitar probably a jeff hanamen a esp

I do believe he said "price range $420.00"

Not "I gawt like $1300 thru $3000 to spend"

Even the LTD's aren't that cheap.
Your band is terrible. Reasons for not accepting the G-400 are what? I think they're decent guitars. Seriously, I'd love to see their reasoning. If one of the reasons is "it's not Gibson" I shall lawl.

As for guitars...I agree with mr steven seagull...get a new band; what equipment do they have?
Quote by guitarnoize

he said jeff hanneman a esp....just like that.

not ltd, sorry.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
I'd tell em to screw off!!

Apparently you don't know how it is to be in a band.

Meaning you must not have experience the fun in playing guitar to its fullest extent.
Wow, thanks for all the help! I admit I've been looking at some Les Pauls (Which apparently are acceptable to my band "because that dude with the long black hair had one."
Gulp.
I'm thinking of ditching them.....
But the S320, while over my budget, is still a possibility....
Thanks guys!
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen
Wow, thanks for all the help! I admit I've been looking at some Les Pauls (Which apparently are acceptable to my band "because that dude with the long black hair had one."
Gulp.
I'm thinking of ditching them.....
But the S320, while over my budget, is still a possibility....
Thanks guys!

What guy with long black hair?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

Slash? or Jimmy Page
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

You know, that guy with long black hair? That band with gay opinions was talking about them?.. ??

TS, check out the Schecters or LPs. I'd also look for a new band..
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Apparently you don't know how it is to be in a band.

Meaning you must not have experience the fun in playing guitar to its fullest extent.

The one thing worse than not being in a band is being in a band full of tossers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If appearance and image is more important than the music, something is very wrong.
Quote by Moe.
You know, that guy with long black hair? That band with gay opinions was talking about them?.. ??

TS, check out the Schecters or LPs. I'd also look for a new band..

Oh, right...THAT guy. Now I remember.
what amp do you have... if you are going to be in a band now, it has to be decent (its more important than the guitar)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen

if thats your attitude at the beginning stages of your band... after some time you may not have a say at all.

Stand your ground.
I guess I'll just wait until I have more money and tell them to take me or leave me. Thanks guys
Ibanez RG321
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
What amp do you have... again very important before you go off saving for a new guitar, you should check that you have a decent amp.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Page 1 of 2