View poll results: Gameplay or Graphics
Good Gameplay
134 98%
Good Graphics
3 2%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 2
there's a poll coming soon so just wait for it

If you had a choice what would you rather have good graphics or good gameplay? (no both is not a choice).

personally I don't care how good the game looks if it's fun to play and looks like sh*t I could care less, it kind of pisses me off when people bitch about a system saying it sucks because the graphics are sh*t compared to a system with really good graphics but a majority of the games on it are practically the same (cough cough 360)

anyways what would you prefer
I <3 Gameplay...

But come on you gotta admit 360 is awesome, and brang great new live experiences.
This is why many N64 games are STILL some of my favorite games EVER - replay value is incredible.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Gameplay
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
i go for a mix of both, like halo 3

(waits for "omgz leik no wayzzz COD is the shznti")
Quote by Riddler
This is why many N64 games are STILL some of my favorite games EVER - replay value is incredible.

I agree with you I went to Gamers the other day and bypassed all the new systems and went straight for the N64 games and told my friends I bought some N64 games they laughed and said I was retarded because N64 graphics suck
Haha I'm the only one who put graphics. I hate stuff like old CS where it looks like absolute ****. The ideal video games have the best of both worlds.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
gameplay FTW!!! aww i can remember the days playing SNES and N64 .... they dont make good games like that anymore all they care about is making good graphics and making money back in the days it was all about the games
Quote by nt1440
i go for a mix of both, like halo 3

(waits for "omgz leik no wayzzz COD is the shznti")

neither are better imo they're both shooting games and all shootings games seem the same for me, the plotlines may be different but the gameplay is practically the same: walk around left control stick moves character, right moves the gun, walk around and shoot people (aliens animal who care you're still shooting something)
Gameplay. Hell, I played an old ****ty game online called GunZ just because the glitched gameplay created a whole new style of Third Person Shooterings. I've moved on to better games like Call of Duty 4 XD
Quote by Anty 7
stupid question

stupid answer

there was a similar poll in my school and everyone voted graphics because they refuse to play any game that looked like sh*t nomatter how good it plays
Anybody who votes "graphics" is a jokester or a huge tool. Just enjoy games- thats the whole reason they are made in the first place.
Quote by CowboyUp
Anybody who votes "graphics" is a jokester or a huge tool. Just enjoy games- thats the whole reason they are made in the first place.

amen to that I played the original Zelda port for the gamecube and had more fun playing that than when I played Halo or Call Of Duty
gameplay, for the most part.

but i think graphics are also important.

gameplay makes games without great graphics more fun, but games without the best gameplay can still be good if the graphics are really nice.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Mar 27, 2008,
gameplay, definately

final fantasy VII is one of the greatest(possibly the greatest) games of all time

and you cant help but have fun playing duck hunt on an old NES
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by chinkboy7
there's a poll coming soon so just wait for it

If you had a choice what would you rather have good graphics or good gameplay? (no both is not a choice).

personally I don't care how good the game looks if it's fun to play and looks like sh*t I could care less, it kind of pisses me off when people bitch about a system saying it sucks because the graphics are sh*t compared to a system with really good graphics but a majority of the games on it are practically the same (cough cough 360)

anyways what would you prefer

360 has far more good games than Wii. Average score for Wii games is about 6 - 7. Xbox? 7-9. You lose.

Plenty of games have good graphics AND gameplay. COD 4, GoW, Halo 3, Dark Sector, Mass Effect, Bioshock.

360 games are the same? What is Wii on? Mario Party 12,030? Super Smash Bros 59? Hows that third party support treating you? What about your awesome online service? Oh god, thats hard to even joke about.

haha.
Last edited by Gordita Supreme at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by Gordita Supreme
360 has far more good games than Wii. Average score for Wii games is about 6 - 7. Xbox? 7-9. You lose.

Plenty of games have good graphics AND gameplay. COD 4, GoW, Halo 3, Dark Sector, Mass Effect, Bioshock.

360 games are the same? What is Wii on? Mario Party 12,030? Super Smash Bros 59? Hows that third party support treating you? What about your awesome online service? Oh god, thats hard to even joke about.

haha.

a majority of the 360 games are shooting games which to me are all practically the same even though there are different story lines but the overall gameplay is the same for all of them and who said I supported Wii
Quote by chinkboy7
a majority of the 360 games are shooting games which to me are all practically the same even though there are different story lines but the overall gameplay is the same for all of them and who said I supported Wii

Give the Orange Box a try. Half Life 2 is one of the most unique games ever made, and though it is a shooter, it plays more like a platformer/puzzle solver, not to mention the physics are amazing. It's probably the most "real feeling" game I've ever played.
Good gameplay. That's why old games are so awesome. They focused on the story part and gameplay rather than on the graphics.
Abandonware FOREVER!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by CowboyUp
Give the Orange Box a try. Half Life 2 is one of the most unique games ever made, and though it is a shooter, it plays more like a platformer/puzzle solver, not to mention the physics are amazing. It's probably the most "real feeling" game I've ever played.

I did give it a try I just didn't enjoy halo or COD they both seemed like the same exact game to me just different storylines and characters but people tell me they are completely different and flame me for ejoying Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo Kazooie more than the above games
Gameplay > all other aspects of a game. Case in point: Nethack.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by CowboyUp

that game sounds interesting but it annoys the heck out of me when people try and tell me that COD, Halo, and Medal of Honor are all competely different from each other they are the same exact game sept you whether shoot aliens or Nazi's (or like in Turock dinosaurs) you still just walk around aimlessly till you see some enemies and shoot them.

typical shooting game

you: im just walking around with a gun minding my own business, oh sh*t an alien dinosaur nazi, BANG BANG BANG, hah dead bitch

^someone try and convince me that COD, Halo, or Medal of Honor are not like that.
Ever here of Donkey Kong?

Gameplay for sure.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
The majority will vote good gameplay, doing otherwise would make them feel shallow.
gameplay, but a lot of games have good gameplay and graphics.

but my favorite game of all time will always be pokemon snap.
Gameplay. Final Fantasy is a great example. I'd rather play VII VIII or XI than X-2 even though X-2 is for PS2 and has better graphics.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
IMO, you can't have just one, you have to have both. Great gameplay is nothing without graphics to immerse you(no, I'm not talking Crysis graphics, just enough to realize that you're not playing something from 10 years ago), but you can't just have great graphics either

edit: I'm talking about games that would come out now.
If you like playing older games, then that's cool too
Quote by chinkboy7
that game sounds interesting but it annoys the heck out of me when people try and tell me that COD, Halo, and Medal of Honor are all competely different from each other they are the same exact game sept you whether shoot aliens or Nazi's (or like in Turock dinosaurs) you still just walk around aimlessly till you see some enemies and shoot them.

typical shooting game

you: im just walking around with a gun minding my own business, oh sh*t an alien dinosaur nazi, BANG BANG BANG, hah dead bitch

^someone try and convince me that COD, Halo, or Medal of Honor are not like that.

No one needs to convince you, although the same can be said about any other genre.

"Every puzzle game is just logical puzzles strung together with some sort of goal"

"Every RPG is just a stat fest with lots of dialog and a story-centric concept"

"Every platformer is just some character jumping around"

No need to make gross generalizations like that. It can be done for any genre, and it really just makes you look ignorant.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
FYI, good graphics doesn't mean "realistic" graphics, it means graphics that are smooth and flowing and that look perfectly in place and believable in the game world. Case in point: Team Fortress 2.
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
No one needs to convince you, although the same can be said about any other genre.

"Every puzzle game is just logical puzzles strung together with some sort of goal"

"Every RPG is just a stat fest with lots of dialog and a story-centric concept"

"Every platformer is just some character jumping around"

No need to make gross generalizations like that. It can be done for any genre, and it really just makes you look ignorant.

that's why I enjoy the games that are a combination of two or more genres so it makes a much better gameplay

Quote by CowboyUp
FYI, good graphics doesn't mean "realistic" graphics, it means graphics that are smooth and flowing and that look perfectly in place and believable in the game world. Case in point: Team Fortress 2.

alot of people don't see or notice that most people just think realism or HD graphics
It's pretty obvious gameplay > graphics.

What would you rather have? The most epic addictive game with a graphics card from 10 years ago or a game called "extreme ironing" with like real life graphics?
Quote by beadhangingOne
It's pretty obvious gameplay > graphics.

What would you rather have? The most epic addictive game with a graphics card from 10 years ago or a game called "extreme ironing" with like real life graphics?

the idiots at my school would prefer extreme ironing if it was on 360, in HD and had online gameplay just because it looks better than an addicting game with 10 year old graphic cards
Page 1 of 2