i bought a marshall mg halfstack from a friend who needed some cash. i figured i'd keep the head for a spare and buy a valveking head to run the cab through. a guy i work with said that since the mg cabs a CHEAP that a tube amp could blow out the speakers even if the ohms match up. was just wondering is this complete b.s. ?
So long as the speakers can handle the wattage and you have the correct ohm ratings, you should be fine. The cab isn't too great though, you should probably sell it or something and get a better one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Ibanez Junkie
Nah. BTW enjoy the headache you just purchased.

MG's=lame

no shit sherlock
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by Ibanez Junkie
Nah. BTW enjoy the headache you just purchased.

MG's=lame

Err, What?

The cab contains Celesteron speakers, their pretty damn good...

the Digital MG has nothing to do with the Cab.
From what i read the mg cabs are pretty medicore as well. Id say pull the speakers and pop in some Vintage 30's. Then Gut the head and get you some thing else and pop it in there. But still claim its an mg.. Get the haters all rialed up and fan boys out buying more junk lol
Quote by CraigKing
Err, What?

Celestion...

Just because it says 'Celestion' doesn't make it good. They're Celestion designed speakers and they are crap. They're muddy and lack any oomph whatsoever.

What do you mean by 'Digital' MG? The Marshall MG isn't digital at all except for the effects section.

EDIT: vvvvv
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Celestion...

What do you mean by 'Digital' MG? The Marshall MG isn't digital at all except for the effects section.

Well, it's always rated against the Spider as being digital sounding, but you're right, i mean SolidState, not digital.
Quote by CraigKing
Err, What?

i'm pretty sure the MG cab has blackback stock speakers.
not Celestions
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
From what i read the mg cabs are pretty medicore as well. Id say pull the speakers and pop in some Vintage 30's.

Complete waste of money. The cabs are really small compared to a regular sized cab and just won't have the sound of a cab that comes stock with V30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by CraigKing
Err, What?

Ah, the almighty Celesterons from the planet Zorg!

I hope nobody realises I've already made that joke on here.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by MatrixClaw
Complete waste of money. The cabs are really small compared to a regular sized cab and just won't have the sound of a cab that comes stock with V30s.

Um that was a joke, read the next few sentences...

And you are 100% correct. I always think there packing 4x10's lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by CraigKing
Err, What?

Only half the cab sound is speakers. its like saying if you run greenbacks through a cardboard box it will sound amazing. The cabs structure and wood material adds to a huge part of the sound your hearing. And by the way, those celestion speakers suck balls.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Sure, it ain't no Genz Benz or 1960AV, but it ain't half bad. I run my 6505 through it—I think the cab is actually rated at 120 Watts mono. They are Celestions in there (the cheap ones). The cab isn't muddy at all. 1960AVs have more bass (bigger cab), and sound thicker. How many in here have actually played an MG412 with a decent tube head (besides Matrix)?

With a good head, they're fine as a second cab (or as a first cab if you're not so picky). Really, at least to me, a 1960AV sounds about 20% "better," for over three times the money. Plus, the cab's small size does make it a bit "tighter," whereas a 19060AV can get a bit flabby on the bottom end with a 6505. By the way, I think a Divided by Thirteen cab filled with Greenbacks, pretty much pwns everything else.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Mg cabs have cheap, prolly chinese made celestion speakers. You cant say that Celstion is good just because their well known.

MG cabs are Fair. I ran a DSL100 through one once, rocked hard for an hour and no problems. They only lack some definition and gets very farty (typical cheap cab) at extreme volumes.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by timi_hendrix
Ah, the almighty Celesterons from the planet Zorg!

I hope nobody realises I've already made that joke on here.

Quote by perkristian876
Mg cabs have cheap, prolly chinese made celestion speakers. You cant say that Celstion is good just because their well known.

MG cabs are Fair. I ran a DSL100 through one once, rocked hard for an hour and no problems. They only lack some definition and gets very farty (typical cheap cab) at extreme volumes.

Noobs *such as myself back in the day* By MG's because they're marshalls and people by MG cabs because they are loaded with celestions... we all know both these products are crap though.
God damn advertising!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Noobs *such as myself back in the day* By MG's because they're marshalls and people by MG cabs because they are loaded with celestions... we all know both these products are crap though.
God damn advertising!

No sir, god damn marshall logo plastered on crappy cabs!
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
The speakers are marshall/celestion made in china. Not sure why celestion allowed their name to be used at all. They arent made by celestion. Its just advertising. And having been to china I can tell you chinese people dont like buying chinese products. So that should tell you a little something about their quality.