I'm going to be getting somewhere around $900-$1200 within the next week or so and I am on the lookout for a new guitar, probably around the $500-$750 range. I'm not aiming this thread to be a "get this guitar, it's awesome" kind of thing. I just want some ideas of what is really out there for me from different companies as a starting point based on my criteria.

Basically what I want in a guitar:

1)Must have 24 frets, I have been wanting to learn a lot of songs with 24 frets but I only have 22 on my les paul and 21 on my strat.
2)No Tremolo
3)Must not be black, bright colours preferred.
4)Strat/Super Strat or V shaped bodies preferred, but any shape is cool.
5)Must have a Bridge humbucker
6)As far as neck profile is concerned, I don't like extremely thin necks (Original Wizard) or really thick necks (50's LP, Fender U) but I'm, fine with everything in between.

Whoops, forgot one, I'd really like an ebony or maple fretboard. Rosewood is okay. but no really elaborate inlays please.

Please no "you're too picky" or "You don't need 24 frets" comments , This is what I want in a guitar and if you don't know any guitars that fit, than please don't post useless comments. I just would like to combine my knowledge of what's out there that will fit my needs with yours. Also, if there is something that fits all these things that is outside my budget, feel free to post it.

Edit: as far as wood goes, I'd prefer Mahogany or Alder, but I don't really mind other woods, within reason.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Last edited by Zofar at Mar 28, 2008,
You're too picky, you don't need 24 frets...

Anyways...

Schecter C1 Plus or Classic.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Caparison guitars
damn expensive though, how much do you have to spend?
Framus guitars too, you could find one to suit those specs no doubt.
ESP seems logical too, or Schechter
PRS would be good too, especially for the neck thing.
plenty of choice man
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
Caparison guitars
damn expensive though, how much do you have to spend?
Framus guitars too, you could find one to suit those specs no doubt.
ESP seems logical too, or Schechter
PRS would be good too, especially for the neck thing.
plenty of choice man

I think Caparison is out of the question. I don't think their models have no trem systems.

Well, except the Horus.

I guess the TS could check out the Horus.

Check out the Ibanez SZ series too.

Some Jacksons might fit the criteria.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I know I have a lot of options, It's just that 90% of the guitars that would be great otherwise have trems on them, it's a huge deal breaker for me.

edit: Caparison Horus, that would be orgasmic, but that's quite out of my budget right now.

Edit2: Wait, do you mean angelus? I think all the Horus models have trems.
Last edited by Zofar at Mar 28, 2008,
so what is your budget?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think Caparison is out of the question. I don't think their models have no trem systems.

Well, except the Horus.

I guess the TS could check out the Horus.

Check out the Ibanez SZ series too.

Some Jacksons might fit the criteria.

they stopped making the SZ
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
so what is your budget?

they stopped making the SZ

STOP THE PRESS!

They discontinued the SZ!?

When did this happen!?

TS, you could also check out some of the B.C. Rich NJ series guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
^^
Quote by Zofar
probably around the $500-$750 range.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
TS, you could also check out some of the B.C. Rich NJ series guitars.

Yeah, I really like the Bich model. IMO, it's one of the few guitars that look really good finished natural.
Quote by Zofar
probably around the $500-$750 range

shi sorry i missed that bit.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
I'd probably suggest the PRS SE series, they're sweet. Reasonable price, and you can get some pretty nice flamed maple finishes.

You'll like the neck, i felt exacty the same. The wizard necks were too thin, and LP was too thick, my PRS Standard 24 is just right.

So, check out the PRS SE custom 24, it's a sweet guitar.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=2&TempID=3&STRID=12031&Method=2&CategoryID=681&BrandID=1578&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=
Like i will say, the X50 PRO, the only thing it dont fit would be the colors, they are darker, you can get them in a blue, but they're rare.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!