well ive been thinking about it for like 5 years now, and like, i think i wanna make a custom shop guitar. the specs might seem a little lame to you guys, but thats how i want it =\

Body- Alder
*black finish
*string-through body
*hardtail bridge
*purple pearloid pickguard
*1 volume knob
*seymour duncan SH-8 Invader humbucker in the bridge
*black hardware (knobs, bridge, tuners etc)

Neck- Maple
*Rosewood fingerboard
*70's headstock
*22 frets

and i believe thats it. im sure it would cost a lot, but what do you guys think of it, and how much would you think it will cost?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Last edited by guy66657 at Mar 28, 2008,
Wait, to order it from fender, and build it yourself?

If you're building it yourself, you can go warmoth, and then it shouldn't be much, especially if you cut out the body yourself out of a piece of alder.

If it's from fender, I have no idea, give them a call for fun, get a quote. It's always fun to waste their time, and your own for that matter
order it from Fender, ive checked out that Warmoth, it looks alright, but id most likely **** up building it haha
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
$3,499.99

oh really? howd you know that?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
I was actually planning on warmothing a neck and hardware and building my own body - which would be fun, i was thinking a tele style, but thicker, a 24 fret neck, duncans, piezo pups, and midi.

Anyway, about building the guitar, it wouldn't be THAT tough, just have to take your time with the measurements, and don't rush, it'll go.
that sounds an awful lot like the Tom Delonge model, they used to make. Track one of those down used, they are dirt cheap. Then switch out the pickguard and hardware.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just get a custom Carvin Bolt.

It'll be around $800-1000 for the guitar and then you can order the pickguard from somewhere else.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Just get a custom Carvin Bolt.

It'll be around $800-1000 for the guitar and then you can order the pickguard from somewhere else.

+1
carvin for the win

and btw, just because it has fender on the headstock makes the price jump considerably.
think like, 3.5k-4k.

WAIT
WHY ARE YOU EVEN THINKING ABOUT A CUSTOM SHOP GUITAR WHEN YOUR BEST AMP IS A MG HALFSTACK?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer