I'm selling my current guitar and buying a new one, it might sell from around 200-400 with the case so I have a few questions. I will be playing alternative, rock, and most things just around here. Occasionally i will play metal. I want something that is really comfortable, easy to play, and can play a wide range of music styles. This isn't for shows or anything, just for playing un-amped or amped whenever i feel like it.

For the lower price range, I was thinking a yamaha pacifica, is this the best in the $200 or lower category?

And for $400 or lower would the Fender Strat or the Epiphone les paul studio be a better idea than anything else? If it is, which one of of those two?

thanks.
i own an LP and it is starting to take a toll on my back and postur due to it being so DAMN heavy.

for you, i would say the pacifica. Bucker in the bridge and 2 single coils in the middle and neck positions. wont break th bank or your back.
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
honestly, never go for anything 200 to 400. invest a little more money in your guitar. with an ibanez, you could play virtually any style though.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
LP's are so sexy I dont care how heavy they are, XD....but why are they so heavy anyway?

And really I dont feel like i need to spend more than 400, and i dont have the money. Im not in a band or anything i just play when i feel like it.

and i use my friends semi-acoustic alot, but i dont think that is what im looking for.

thank you though
Last edited by infamous16 at Mar 28, 2008,