Page 1 of 2
Anyone know of any deep, foreboding, 'biblical'-sounding Basslines (ie. something that gives you that 'oh ****' feeling when you hear it)?
are you asking if we get aroused by the bass?

O_o?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by octavarium78
are you asking if we get aroused by the bass?

O_o?

I was thinking of a more 'we're ****ed' kind of 'oh ****' feeling, but ok o_O...
I dont know about epic but I like listening to Geddy Lee, Duff McKagen, and Rob Deleo, and John Paul Jones....constantly moving...

I like to play stuff like Limelight, 2112/Temples of Syrinx, Interstate Love Song, Plush, lots of GnR and VR, and Zep...

Not necessarily epic...just what I like, I think they do great jobs.
One word,

Kashmir.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Nikki197666
One word,

Kashmir.

No, you have to be more specific. Les Claypool's live version of Kashmir.... On the double-bass.

-------
"Man of the King" by Kalmah. It's metal. The intro's sick.

"Fear" by Disturbed. The intro's simple but awesome.

"We Got A Better Bomb" by Audioslave... holy ****. Gotta love the rumble string!

"My Name Is Mud" by Primus... if you can't appreciate that bass intro and verses throughout the song... You should be slapped.

"Slither" by Velvet Revolver.

Also, if you're interested in orchestral bass and other string introductions... Try Avenged Sevenfold's "Afterlife".

--Arojekt.
R.I.P. Andrew Thomas Butler - 11/07/07. You're in our hearts forever, man.

Setup:
Traben Phoenix 5-String Bass.
Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX 4-String Bass: Blue (For Sale. Contact me if you're interested.)
Dingwall Afterburner II 5-String Bass.
Last edited by Arojekt at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by Arojekt
No, you have to be more specific. Les Claypool's live version of Kashmir.... On the double-bass.

Link nao!
Unfortunately, it's only the beginning of the song, I don't know why. But it's awesome.

I'm sticking it in my music, so you can listen to it. Refer to my profile's music if you want it.

--Arojekt.

Setup:
Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX 4-String Bass: Blue (For Sale. Contact me if you're interested.)
"Call of Ktulu" by Metallica...specifically when the bass comes in during the intro. "Bowwh...ba-booowwwhhh..."

Thats pretty creepy and epic.
Quote by Nikki197666
One word,

Kashmir.

Yeah, that D pedal-tone note in octaves is pretty epic.

Unless you are indeed referring to the Les Claypool one, which I have not heard. If that's the case, replace with and divide by .
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by to_the_grave
"Call of Ktulu" by Metallica...specifically when the bass comes in during the intro. "Bowwh...ba-booowwwhhh..."

Thats pretty creepy and epic.

+ ∞
The bass break in orion. I gues you could call it a solo but its more a riff. Its about 3 mins 40 into the song. just wow.
There's always the Odyssey by Symphony X. Is there anything not epic about a 25 minute song?
"Atom Heart Mother" = Pink Floyd.

That whole song is friggin' epic, especially the brass portions.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I will say, as I always have, that epic is far too powerful a thing to be described on bass.

A band, yes. An orchestra, definately. But a lone instrument? Nay.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Anesthesia-Pulling Teeth - Cliff Burton
Nuff Said
i'd tap that .........speaking to a bass, its a music joke!

Harley Benton-hbb200bk
Epiphone Thunderbird
Electro Harmonix Double muff
Harley Benton 80-b amp
Ernie Ball Strings are my preferance!
Quote by Arojekt
Unfortunately, it's only the beginning of the song, I don't know why. But it's awesome.

I'm sticking it in my music, so you can listen to it. Refer to my profile's music if you want it.

--Arojekt.

Big no no. If its the original Claypool recording, you need to pull out of your profile now. That's copywritted material, and against the rules of UG. And the RIAA are a mean and vindictive bunch.

Failure to remove is going to result in a warning, sorry.
Anarkee, I have a copy of the Kashmir intro performed by Claypool as well, by the volume of the crowd I'd say its a (fairly good) recording by a crowd member.
Just try not to attack him too fast just yet.

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
N.I.B - Black Sabbath
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
Led Zep - Communication Breakdown
Led Zep - Kashmir
Metallica - Sad But True
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Metallica - King Nothing
Quote by Nikki197666
Anarkee, I have a copy of the Kashmir intro performed by Claypool as well, by the volume of the crowd I'd say its a (fairly good) recording by a crowd member.
Just try not to attack him too fast just yet.

Just to get the facts straight here. The rules in UG for mp3 posting is that mp3s you upload MUST be of you playing. I am not being a hard ass mod here, thems the rules.

I know there are bands that are very encouraging of tapers; I visit archive.org frequently myself. However, to avoid the RIAA coming down on UG, the rules are the rules. I've given the poster a heads up and a request to remove it. I'm not going to slam someone for an innocent mistake, but I do behoove you all to read the rules before you post something up from this point onward.

Thanks from your friendly neighborhood "mod" mod.
My mistake anarkee, many requests have been sent subliminally to appeal for my pardon on this matter.

Yeah, sorry about that. It didn't cross my mind about the RIAA's possible intervention with the whole thing... Sorry about that.

I've removed it from the Mp3 section.

--Arojekt.

Setup:
Quote by Thunderbird11
Anesthesia-Pulling Teeth - Cliff Burton
Nuff Said

i was wondering how long it would be until someone said that, but ya thats the most epic bass ive ever heard

/thread
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
The part after the high intro part to "For Whom The Bells Toll" is a great example of what the TS is looking for I think. Thats such a great line. Right around 40secs is what I'm thinking of.

I would also recommend Dream Theater - In the Presence of Enemies. Especially at the start of part 2. That low growl compliments the creepy synth so well.
Quote by jermzxsugarx
i was wondering how long it would be until someone said that, but ya thats the most epic bass ive ever heard

/thread

Agreed. Especially the slide at the start and where the wah'd chords are.
+1 on Orion, though it's more of a brooding feeling than an "Oh ****, We're ****ed!" feeling. It's like what happens before you get ****ed.

Actually...most any stand-out bass line that Burton wrote is like that.
Nope, no sig here.
Scarified by Paul Gilbert

0_o

How can you play that?
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
Quote by Arojekt
"My Name Is Mud" by Primus... if you can't appreciate that bass intro and verses throughout the song... You should be slapped.

Slap me, I hate Primus

On the whole Epic Bass thing, Call of Ktulu is about as epic as they come for me, with that huge WAH that cliff throws in at the beginning
City Of Delusion and Time is Running Out by Muse. Also Day of the Baphomets by The Mars Volta.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Quote by szekelymihai
[hey how'd you make th pirate hat to your avatar?its really cool

Me? It's cos I am a pirate. He also has a cutlass. No one notices though
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Me? It's cos I am a pirate. He also has a cutlass. No one notices though

I do .

Though for this matter, I will also have the back the Call of Ktulu, off the top of my head. Though I feel it needs a band with it for full effect, it does send a bot of a chill down my spine listening to it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Whoever it was, thanks for letting me know about this "Jamiroquai" person. I've never heard of him before, but Manifest Destiny is awesome for a bass. It's almost like a new-age jazz... It's cool.

After listening a bunch from Project Playlist, I went out and bought the album The Return of the Space Cowboy.

--Arojekt.

Setup:
Page 1 of 2