I bought a yamaha acoustic a few years ago for 350$. I have loved it. The action on it may need a little fixing now and I'm wondering if I should buy some new better strings.

I would love to increase the sound quality of the guitar with better strings. Which strings would you guys suggest and how should I get it done. Can I install them myself or should i get the new strings and action fixed at a shop?

Thanks.
Last edited by thefedexpope at Mar 28, 2008,
Wait, are you saying you have never gotten new strings for it? Wow, I change strings about every three months, depending on how much I play.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
Wait, are you saying you have never gotten new strings for it? Wow, I change strings about every three months, depending on how much I play.

haha. Nope. I guess I never really thought I needed new ones. Which ones are good to put on it? And are there better deals online?
You should definitely make it a point to try and keep fresh strings on any guitar, especially if it sees a lot of play time. I never keep a set on for more than two weeks, any longer and the tone starts to suffer.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
You should definitely make it a point to try and keep fresh strings on any guitar, especially if it sees a lot of play time. I never keep a set on for more than two weeks, any longer and the tone starts to suffer.

Alright sweet. Thanks. I didn't know that. So what other types of strings will be good on my acoustic??
Check a video site for "how to string an acoustic guitar" to see an example. Just guessing you don't know what gage are on there, acoustic I'm gonna say at least 11s. Probably not going to hurt anything putting on 12s. Once you have done that, w ait a week if you can and check the neck once you have properly stretched and tuned the strings. Let me know if you have any questions.
I use Cleartones, but thats just a preference. Try out new strings, and use whatever you're comfortable with.