howdy,

I play a Maton M225 acoustic guitar and I've been playing alot with alternate tunings, mostly open E & G.

Will it effect the kneck leaving it in these tunings or should i tune back to standard when im done?

Thanks
First of all, ^5. I also have that guitar. Secondly, I personally wouldn't leave a guitar in an alternate tuning where I had tuned the strings up - I leave my other guitar in open G and D all the time though, and it's fine.
Quote by shiney_moondog
howdy,

I play a Maton M225 acoustic guitar and I've been playing alot with alternate tunings, mostly open E & G.

Will it effect the kneck leaving it in these tunings or should i tune back to standard when im done?

Thanks

The guitar will be better off leaving it in one or the other, not swapping back and forth like that. That puts varying stresses on everything and is just something best avoided. About the only thing that might occur is that your neck might tend to flatten out some if it was adjusted to provide proper relief at concert pitch. You may need to tighten the truss a tad, just enough to compensate, assuming you will be leaving the guitar in a lower tuning permanently. Time will tell here, as it's not going to be an instant change by any means. Ideally, if you can have a couple guitars at your disposal, one tuned up to standard, another in whatever altered you like.
But for your own peace of mind, it won't "damage" the guitar to change tunings around. I change mine from time to time too, but for the most part it stays in standard, and the neck is great.