Hi, i have attempted this solo. I have been playing guitar for 4 months, and i just need to know the places i need working on in this song and as an overall guitarist. I still got a crap fender squire guitar and squire 10 watt amp, i'm planning on getting new equipment, but for now, just try to cope with the bad sound, thanks.

P.S. I also know that i'm off in timing in some parts, thanks.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=1460180225487515757&hl=en-AU
that's actually pretty good for four months of playing. anyway, I think anything you need to work on will really come with time. fluidity, style, and slight, it'll all come as long as you pursue learning things correctly. noone ever stops learning technique. get your hands on some pentatonic scales or something, those are really fun
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
thanks for the reply, i will work on my technique etc. But basically i just need to work on the fluency of this song?
Well that wasn't bad considering the amount of time you were playing. With alot of these bluesier solos, you want to get the bends just right. That's the one thing I would suggest working on. Like if Jimmy bends a whole step up you bend exactly a whole step up. Once you get good at that you'll get better at these styles of solos.

Good luck and stick with.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
First off, bends need to be bigger, and secondly you're timing is WAY (!) off! And thirdly, I have your guitar (or something really close, mine is the same color, a Squier Affinity Strat). Lovely thang.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
yea, bends are big, but once your ears develop, then that shouldn't be that big of a problem. Try using your other fingers behind your fretting one to support them in a bend, it makes bending like a whole step much easier. Fluency is a big thing, and it's kinda just feeling the vibe of the song, as well as knowing time signatures (this could help, maybe, not necessary though) This will come with time, just be aware of it.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Okay, but i don't really do that thing with my thumb behind the fret board, i only do that with chords. I can bend high without my thumb behind the fretborad, i just put my second finger on the string to support the bend.

Thanks for the comments, i will work on all of these things.

P.S. I have a fender squire guitar, very cheap, and a squire amp, extremely cheap!
Last edited by /\AC/\DC/\ at Mar 28, 2008,
^ Actually he's telling you to use the other finger not the thumb. Which you are apparently doing which is good. Any who he just said to use your second and third fingers for the bends not including the thumb.

Also the Squier Affinity guitars are surprisingly good, three years later and I still use mine alot. The amp had to be replaced though.
The Squier amps aren't great lol.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
your bends are way off, they need a lot of work. Try practicing unison bends so that you get an idea of how far you have to bend the string to make it in tune.
definitely look up unison bends, that should help a lot

Quote by Gee-tar-eist