I have the serial number of an Ibanez guitar and i need to make sure that its not fake how can i do that?? is there any way i can look up its full info on th net???
plz guyz i really need help
i need to know as soon as possible or the deal will slip through my fingers. so i guess email isnt gonna work. but where can i get the phone number????
Quote by Jyscal
i need to know as soon as possible or the deal will slip through my fingers. so i guess email isnt gonna work. but where can i get the phone number????

www.ibanez.com ?
Well, the main questions are:

-what is the serial?

-what model are we talking about?

Also, a serial number alone isn't a way to identify a fake.

Ibanez don't have massive logs giving detailed information about specific serial numbers.

On top of that, they're incredibly easy to make up:

Let's say I'm selling a fake RG1570, supposedly from 2003:

The serial would start with F

followed by two digits for the year: 03.

and finally 5 more digits, for the production count.

That would make it F0333878.

What's my point?

If you ask online whether or not F0333878 can belong to an RG1570, the answer will be yes.

Does this mean it's real? No.

What I'm trying to get a cross is that a serial number alone isn't a good way to identify a fake. Of course, if the serial number is something really weird, you should be cautious, but keep this in mind.

For more information on Ibanez serial numbers:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/reference/dating.htm
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 28, 2008,
if i gets a good fake the serial number will tell you nothing. You really need to examine the guitar.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i have pix of the guitar and it says the serial num on the back of the headstock.. but also it is made in indonesia... is that a bad thing ?? and can there be any Iceman guitars made in japan????
Not to be an ass or anything, but if this fake sounds really good, what's the problem?
I wish someone made a fake left-handed Satriani, since Ibanez won't make them.
hahaha its not that it is fake now am sure that its not but its made in Indonesia... so i need to make sure how well built is it. the thing is that the guitar is in Pakistan and am in Dubai so there is no way to try it out. i wish i could though
Most guitars are crafted in low-cost labour countries. If Ibanez puts its label on it, I suppose they have adequate quality testing, even if they fail the ethical test. Then again, I'd think twice before buying an instrument I've never seen nor heard.
ya i guess you are abs right... but it happens all the time, ppl buy guitars off the net every day.