Some asshole threw in a glass of water into my gastank.
I'm scared to start the engine now cause it might **** up.
How am I supposed to fix this?
if he put enough in there you'll have to get the fuel lines flushed most probably... could be expensive depending on how much he put in there
...even when i'm sleepin' i'm keepin' it real.
Quote by faigenistic
if he put enough in there you'll have to get the fuel lines flushed most probably... could be expensive depending on how much he put in there

What do they flush it with? ...Water?
Get a hose and start sucking :p
Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep..... inside a giant blender.
definately not water... i dont know exactly, but the mechanic has to do it, my friend had it happen to him a few years back, but he owned a diesel, so it was much worse for him
One glass of water? Add more petrol and fire the bitch up, might missfire but it shouldn't **** it up
^ i concur... unless he put a gallon in there u should be fine
Quote by faigenistic
definately not water... i dont know exactly, but the mechanic has to do it, my friend had it happen to him a few years back, but he owned a diesel, so it was much worse for him

They must flush it with some sort of alcohol or some similar substance. Yeah, that would be expensive. How I love not being old enough to drive yet.
dude, not driving blew... when i turned 16 and bought my first piece of **** car it was great...

those were the days.... gas was like 0.89/gallon... now it's like 3.20/gallon

wat!?
and im so n00b, how come when i quote it never shows the name?

pwned
Syphon it out? Probably best just ring a mechanic or road assist kinda place and ask 'em what would be best
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
I go with calling an on-call mechanic/road service. If it wasn't alot I assume they'll be able to pump it out without a huge amount of money involved. But if it was like a litre I'd go to the nearest mechanic. Which could be difficult because you couldn't drive there...
No permanent damage to the engine? Well that's reasuring. Yeh just a glass...shouldn't even be there in the first place..
I might try the old sucking method if i find a pipe.
Water stays in the bottom doesnt it?
Quote by faigenistic
^ nevada? ur up damn early, lol

Been up all night brother man.

I'll catch my Z's tommorow in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd periods tommorow

Plus, I got a tasty large McD's Vanilla Iced Coffee waiting for me in mah fride
Just try firing it up, you naturally get small amounts of water from the burning of fuel plus condensation

How'd this happen?
uhh.. I would think so, oil separates to the top right?
Fill your tank up with ethanol. Water mixes with ethanol and will not hurt your engine as long as its not much water.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
oh wait, one glass of water?

Doesn't water float over gasoline?

Nope, it's the other way around.
Which means that it'll sink to the bottom of the tank and be the first thing that goes through the fuel lines once the engine is started up.
So theoreticaly, you can remove the fuel lines from the engine and suck out the water, and you should be able to tell that the water is removed once you get petrol coming through. But personaly I'd drain the whole system just to be on the safe side.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Mar 28, 2008,
^wouldn't ethanol damage the engine more than water though?
100% ethanol eats away rubber, but the 10 or 15% is fine. I use it in my cars.

...and how did someone "throw" a glass of water in your tank?
The Pit aren't all doctors.

But we are all mechanics!

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by ThatGuy45
100% ethanol eats away rubber, but the 10 or 15% is fine. I use it in my cars.

...and how did someone "throw" a glass of water in your tank?

Fair enough, i just thought you'd need a specific type of engine too burn it aswell as petrol
Vengence I guess, we had a huge fight and he figured the best way of getting back at me was throwing in a glass of water.
There'll be more fighting if there are any costs involved

What would happen if i tried starting the engine with one glass of water?
You need a flex-fuel car to use E85 with is 85% ethanol.

What would happen if i tried starting the engine with one glass of water?

Probably nothing. The main concern with getting water in your engine is from a leaking head gasket (when a lot of water gets into your cylinders). The injectors don't squirt much gas (or water) in.
Last edited by ThatGuy45 at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by Mitch72
Fair enough, i just thought you'd need a specific type of engine too burn it aswell as petrol

You do to burn it as well, but gasohol with a low concentration of ethanol in it will be fine in pretty much all cars. Could cause the engine to overheat if it's an old car though.

As for the TS, you can siphon out your tank, but really one glass shouldn't be enough to damage the engine.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm