okay, so I have a MIM Fender Jazz bass, which i love and is in pretty good shape...

but while jamming the other day when I would play on the high string anywhere above the 12th fret it would simply buzz and not produce any note... only in this area and on this string... what is the deal? do i need to file the frets or something?

help, this blows...
...even when i'm sleepin' i'm keepin' it real.
Yup...you need to tidy up the fretwork. Sounds like the string is hitting one of the higher frets so you need to figure out which fret that is.

It would also help to raise the action a touch.
action is already pretty high, atleast higher than everyone else's basses ive played...

guess ill get down to that this afternoon before we record again tomorrow... appreciate it man.
thanks, gonna eet my guitarist to look at it later tonight, he's the expert not me
(I think) a person setting up an instrument would make sure they do what they can to make sure problems like these go away. Whether it's a truss rod adjustment or a nut file, a setup should take care of it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i will.. trust... we have to record saturday, so it's getting my full attention tonight