i heard alot of people say its very good but is the agile 3000 better in overall tone, how the distorted and clean sound then the epiphone
personally I would say the epiphone is better (if you mean standard PLUSTOP) because of the flamed maple making a warmer tone and better sustain
I fought for all worth believing on the punk rock barracades
Quote by RCGAYLER
personally I would say the epiphone is better (if you mean standard PLUSTOP) because of the flamed maple making a warmer tone and better sustain

acutally i mean plain top
Epiphone is better.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen
Epiphone is better.

just by curiosity, have you played an agile?
- If you can't try them before you buy, Epiphone are an awful risk to take, and 99% of the time, Agile will be suprior. I would argue that Vintage, ESP and Tokai all make even better LP copies than Agile though, for roughly the same price. Vintage and Tokai's in particular are closer to a real LP than an Agile is and cost barely any more, depending on where you live.
- If you have the means to try out many Epiphones to find one of the rare, very good ones (usually about one good guitar out of every 15 or so that you try), then the Epiphone is by far superior to any other copy, for the money. This does rely though on you being able to try out many Epiphones first, and really knowing what it is you're looking for. if you're at all unsure, or if you can't try out in person at least 10-12 Epis, then you shouldn't even consider them.

Quote by thisismyacc
acutally i mean plain top
Same thing. Plus Top and Plain Top both have the thicker maple caps, one just happens to be plain maple and the other is flame maple.

Regular Standards do in fact have a maple cap, but it's much lower grade maple, and it's roughly 2/3s the thickness of the maple used on Plus/Plain Tops, so it doens't brighten the tone as much, and yeah, is lower quality.

note that even with a Plus or Plain top, an Epiphone Les Paul still has a darker, thicker tone than a Gibson Les Paul, due to the poly finish (compared to the nitro finish on the Gibsons).

Believe it or not, an Epiphone SG G-400 sounds closer to a real Gibson Les Paul than an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus/Plain Top does.
Last edited by bokuho at Mar 28, 2008,
The Agile Al-3000's in solid colors don't have maple top's
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Last edited by Havok19 at Mar 28, 2008,
i would go for the Agile myself, its a much higher quality guitar for the price.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.