Here comes the sob story...

I've just dislocated my right knee cap (sublaxation of the patella) and i'm in a cast for a least a week to ten days + i won't be able to walk for a few weeks/months.

I've dislocated the left one 3 times so i'm not new to this but i need some suggestions on how to sit comfortably and play the guitar with a cast from my hip to my ankle?

Regards,
Mad
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
stand. raarrrrgh be a man!!
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I dislocated my knee aged 14, relocated, got up... Tried to walk. Wondered why it hurt. Collapsed in agnoy.

Didnt go hospital, didnt get a cast... Took 2 years for the limp to go away and I still walk funny. Lol.

Just rest and take it easy. If you need to play guitar, lie in bed and sit yourself up and play. Its not comfortable but it works.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
you have to have your leg in a cast? I have dislocated my knee many times and i just pop it back in and get up.
I suggest shortening your guitar strap so the weight is off your leg.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
walk it off and take an aspirin, you'll be fine in the morning or just lay down and play guitar its pretty comfortable and dont have it over your legs but on your stomach.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by dudeman_andy
you have to have your leg in a cast? I have dislocated my knee many times and i just pop it back in and get up.
I suggest shortening your guitar strap so the weight is off your leg.

I did it quite violently to the point of which my knee cap was sticking out the side of my leg took three paramedics to put it back. I've damaged pretty much everything; Patella Tendon, Quadricep Tendon, my anterior cruciates and i've damaged my meniscus.

I'll have to try the sitting up in bed method, sounds about right.

And i really can't stand properly.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
You can also try putting a few shirts over your cast to prop it up. It'll take the pressure off your leg as well as make it a little more comfortable to play. The best way would probably be to lean back against the wall in your bed and just prop the guitar up a bit. You can also buy those freaky little stands that you screw into your guitar so you don't have to prop your knee up to play comfortably.
Quote by mattvl
You can also try putting a few shirts over your cast to prop it up. It'll take the pressure off your leg as well as make it a little more comfortable to play. The best way would probably be to lean back against the wall in your bed and just prop the guitar up a bit. You can also buy those freaky little stands that you screw into your guitar so you don't have to prop your knee up to play comfortably.

Cheers, i appreciate some good advice

Quote by NielsWho
smoke some weed..

Nah i had; Morphine, 40% Cocodamol and Entonox = didn't feel a thing

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
I did it quite violently to the point of which my knee cap was sticking out the side of my leg took three paramedics to put it back. I've damaged pretty much everything; Patella Tendon, Quadricep Tendon, my anterior cruciates and i've damaged my meniscus.

I'll have to try the sitting up in bed method, sounds about right.

And i really can't stand properly.

How the hell did you manage to do all that? Are you accident prone or do you just like practicing stage dives without an audience? I've been injured my fair share of times, but not so much that I can have a medical discussion about the inner workings of my legs...my symphathies.
Quote by mattvl
How the hell did you manage to do all that? Are you accident prone or do you just like practicing stage dives without an audience? I've been injured my fair share of times, but not so much that I can have a medical discussion about the inner workings of my legs...my symphathies.

Thanks for the sympathy. I did it playing cricket believe it or not! Went for the big six, now bear in mind i was swinging a 4lb cricket bat, my right leg got stuck (because i wear cricket spikes). My whole body continued to turn and the lower half of my right leg didn't Pretty much F**k3d it. Hit the floor, bottom half of right leg was pointing the wrong way and my knee cap was effectively hanging out.

Not the worst one i've managed though.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Snap the guitar in half, then eat one of the pieces and you'll be sorted
United as One, Divided by Zero
Quote by Sylosis