hey guys, i have an RG321MH with INF pickups. should i change my pickups? what could you recommend?

i play blues, rock, alternative, cleans adn rarely metal. what pickup could be fit for my styles? i think i need a versatile pickup... any recommendations?

thanx!
sorry. i should have posted this before. the only pickups available here in the philippines (as far as i know) are di marzios and seymours.

what could be your recommendation for dimarzios?
for seymours?
EMG 81 bridge
EMG 60A neck
18V
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
i'd pick the Jeff Beck Seymour Duncan pickup. the .. SH-4 i believe. for the bridge.

neck pickup? no idea.
Quote by jm1681
EMG 81 bridge
EMG 60A neck
18V

Quote by leviticus_22953
i play blues, rock, alternative, cleans and rarely metal. what pickup could be fit for my styles? i think i need a versatile pickup

Yeah, EMGs would be great

+1 to Swinesheads from me.
Quote by leviticus_22953
i rarely play metal so emgs are out...
Quote by blue_strat
Yeah, EMGs would be great
Have either of you ever played a guitar with them? Even without 18 volts, EMGs are hardly the one-trick ponies they are made out to be...Just saying of course

The Duncan JB is IMO one of the best passive bridge pickups available. For the neck, the DiMarzio Air Norton is amazing. Smooth with amazing harmonics.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by leviticus_22953
are the SH-4 good for cleans and dirty?

hm, in general i find they're made for distortion, but mine take cleans pretty well as well.
i was thinking of a clean, mellow sound in the neck position while a fatter,high output pickup in bridge. what bridge pickup would be good for cleans and dirty?
^ Steve's Special

Sparkling cleans, and tight distortion

Neck, again I say Air Norton. Doesn't get more mellow.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
steven seagull said breeds all the way in one of my posts. what do you guys think of the breeds compared to the steve's special and air norton?
Dimarzio Steve's Special for the bridge and a PAF for the neck, I have this setup in an RG and it's a really sweet versatile set up.

For the record on the EMG's, I own 2 guitars with EMG's, one with an 89 81 set up and one with an 85 81 set up, both with the 18v mod and they freaking RULE! I don't care what anyone says!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by leviticus_22953
steven seagull said breeds all the way in one of my posts. what do you guys think of the breeds compared to the steve's special and air norton?
I think the Breed in the bridge might be a bit too muddy for what you're looking for.

Quote by ValoRhoads
Dimarzio Steve's Special for the bridge and a PAF for the neck, I have this setup in an RG and it's a really sweet versatile set up...
Word.

Quote by ValoRhoads
...For the record on the EMG's, I own 2 guitars with EMG's, one with an 89 81 set up and one with an 85 81 set up, both with the 18v mod and they freaking RULE! I don't care what anyone says!
Thank you. EMGs get a bad rep as "Metal-only", they are much more than that, especially with 18 volts.

Quote by leviticus_22953
they said the paf pro is for shred...does it sound clean and bright on the neck?
The PAF Pro can do no wrong IMHO. It works in any position and will always sound like a million bucks. DiMarzio calls it a good building block pickup and they're dead-on.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
so should i go with the steve's special and the paf por? what combinations can you suggest?

i looked at the website and it said there that the paf pro is a nice mix with the super distortion. what do you think?
I think you'd be best off with a PAF Pro in the bridge position, and an Air Norton in the neck position.

The Steve's Special is VERY clean and very articulate, but it lacks punch. The PAF Pro has a low enough output to give you the cleans you want while still providing a decent mid-range.

Be sure it is wired exactly as your guitar currently is too Great pickup options in those guitars.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
i've read a post in the column saying that the paf pros in bridge position doesn't sound good. what can you say about that?
I can say that I've played several guitars equipped as such (Mainly Ibanez guitars) and I loved it

The only thing I can imagine someone complaining about is the fact that it doesn't really accentuate any one frequency. Its tone is full across the board and I suppose some might interpret that as "Blah". Personally, I think its dynamite.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
what else aside from the paf pros can you recommend in the bridge and neck? what other combinations so i can try out guitars with those pickups and see if i like the tone.
out of seymour and Dim'z I would probably go for Seymour Duncan.

But I'm an EMG guy
Quote by leviticus_22953
hey guys, i have an RG321MH with INF pickups. should i change my pickups? what could you recommend?

i play blues, rock, alternative, cleans adn rarely metal. what pickup could be fit for my styles? i think i need a versatile pickup... any recommendations?

thanx!

no, simple answer.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Because the Infinity pickups that came on your guitar aren't really all that bad

Maybe a little quiet, but not bad at all.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Neck pickups ARE bassy - I really don't think a pickup change is going to make any difference to you. Buy an EQ pedal instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
EMG makes amazing pickups. I have them on my own guitar, and they're awesome! Totally recommended.
Quote by leviticus_22953
although i think the neck pickup sounds bassy to me..
Air Norton.

The "feel" of a neck pickup with the dynamics of a bridge pickup
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
i changed my pickups in my rg321mh, it helped a fair bit, but not a huge amount. They seemed to help with the definition of the sound more than anything, as i found the infinities to sound quite wooly. I ended up going for some GFS crunchy's.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )