Here's my problem:

I'm in this incredible band, and we could really make it, except we have one problem: our drummer, pretty much the bands founder, not only sucks at drums but has this backstabbing issue, where he backstabs everyone, and has done that to each band member at least once. We keep getting kicked out only to be brought back in when everyone else in the band overrides him. We want to kick him out, but our first major show is coming up soon, and we dont have time for a replacement.

Plus, his latest antic was getting a concussion. Since then, he claims he can't remember some of the songs, and needs to relearn them. I think this is bull****, but he's blaming us for not having the time to reteach them this close to the show when we all have work elsewhere.
And I'll take everything from the inside, and throw it all away cause I swear for the last time, I won't trust myself with you =+Linkin Park+=
seriously, if he's that bad, kick him out or he will ruin you by putting on a bad show.

how "major" is this show? is this like, your first gig? because if it is you are a tool for already thinking you "could really make it"
lol

Stop being a bitch. Punch him in the face, then fuck his old lady.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
you need a new drummer, a good one would be able to learn the songs in a matter of days if you gave him a cd or MP3. As for the concussion, yes they can make you forget things. Forget songs? I don't really know. But c'mon, he's a drummer, they're bound to do something crazy, have you ever known a drummer who you could call sane? In my life I have not! End game, get rid of him cause he's a backstabbing ****ty drummer.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
get a drummer who is a prodigy like joey jordison..... sure 1 in a billion but do it its ur only chance
Kick him out asap; not playing the gig wouldn't be worse than playing poorly cos it would give your band a bad name.
United as One, Divided by Zero
Quote by andrew.tran
get a drummer who is a prodigy like joey jordison..... sure 1 in a billion but do it its ur only chance

Joey Jordison is a tool.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Wait so, your in a band and claim that you can "make it" yet you haven't played a single show and your drummer and founding member is an ass-tard?

Yes you can "make it"

Kick him out and get a new drummer, or get everyone else to leave with you and form a new band.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Say right in his face something like "Act normal, and try to be a musician or we`ll kick you out." If you`re going to say that you`ll kick him out if he`s not going to do his best make sure you know a guy that could also drum or something. Or else he`s in control.
If he`s a friend and can be serious just talk to him. If you`re not comfortable with doing this ask your bandmates after you`ve discussed it.
But for your upcoming gig: Be nice against him and help him and be understanding so he might change. Don`t lose your drummer before that gig!
Quote by MCRkid22
What should I do?
You should start a thread in Musician Talk -- Bandleading, where this belongs.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by MCRkid22
Here's my problem:

I'm in this incredible band, and we could really make it, except we have one problem: our drummer, pretty much the bands founder, not only sucks at drums but has this backstabbing issue, where he backstabs everyone, and has done that to each band member at least once. We keep getting kicked out only to be brought back in when everyone else in the band overrides him. We want to kick him out, but our first major show is coming up soon, and we dont have time for a replacement.

Plus, his latest antic was getting a concussion. Since then, he claims he can't remember some of the songs, and needs to relearn them. I think this is bull****, but he's blaming us for not having the time to reteach them this close to the show when we all have work elsewhere.

Is it me or does this sound like something out of Spinal Tap?
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Make everyone elave and make a new band with those people.

Or you can just tell him to be cool or GTFO.
LARGE TEXT
Just get a new drummer, or make a completely new band with all your original songs but leave him out if he wants to be annoying
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch