Hey, i have searched for threads on this but i cant find anything

i have been playing for almost 2 years now, so im not a complete n00b (hopefully). I have never played with a drummer - i plan too meet up with a friend (a drummer) today for a jam session... are there any tips/advice anyone can give to make sure it isnt a total disaster?

cheers!
Just make sure you lock into what hes playing and vice versa. Get into the groove of his bass kicks and snare hits. Plus, just have fun.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Just make sure you lock into what hes playing and vice versa. Get into the groove of his bass kicks and snare hits. Plus, just have fun.

ill keep that in mind - makes sense really thanks!
Try not to be so "linear" in your playing, don;t be scared to throw in some hammer on's or some flash ( Don't go over board though), and just experiment, have fun!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i was in a similar situation not to long ago (the difference is i play guitar) and as long as both of you can hold a beat, improvise (you dont need to alot, just enough to cover keep it interesting), and have fun while doing it you should be fine
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
No problem dude, enjoy.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
95% of the time you should be hitting a note when they kick the bass drum. Also key in on either the hi-hat or the ride cymbal, since that is another element that holds the time. Watch your drummer for physical cues as well to know when they shift from one section of a song to another. Also don't "fight" the time with the drummer--its best to let them take the lead and you lock with them.

And have fun!